The Cannibal Hunger Within Helen

It was like world war 3 in my house when dad and me got back, I went straight to my room avoiding the fight that was going to happen. It was better that way I rather stay out of everything and not get in the way, the worst you could possibly do is get in the way when dad was in piss mood.

I shook my and closed my eyes gripping the bed covers, the door was open a crack allowing some light creep. I jumped every time something hit a wall and broke or when dad punched mom, I knew he hit her with all his strength because of the brutality of noise when his fist connected with her jaw.

" I fucking go out; I slave over meals, I fought for this family and I'm fucking sick of the fucking ungrateful children that I have!" he spat, followed by another blow to mom face echoed off the walls

" I'mmmm ssss- sss-sorrrrrryyyy!" Was all she could utter out in gurgles.

I bit my bottom lip trying to calm down, even though I wasn't out there I was scared for me. I could hear the blood in my ears and my heart beat go fast. I had to my eyes closed anticipating that in any moment he'd come crashing through my door and beat me too. I counted to 100 then backwards 100 listening to the sudden silence that took over the house, he could beat her for days if he wanted to and no one would ever hear her screams or pleas. Help was miles and miles away, and the worst part is that... no one would ever know if you died either. I got up slowly tired, my joints creaked and I almost fell over from the sudden wave of dizziness that over took me from days without food now. Catching my balance I tip toed to the make shift wooden door and quickly peered out, mom was a bloody mess laying in a fertile position on the floor sort of holding her jaw well holding her stomach too. Her jaw wasn't suppose to be hanging down to her chest and so far to right.

Slowly closing the door I savoured the creeping light until the door softly clicked and I was encased in a dark tomb of my own misery then made my way back to my own bed. It dawned on me that I had this whole bed to myself, I didn't need to worry about falling off or rolling on Derek at night now. A pain swept into me, I missed him my brother. I cared only for him, I loved him, he was there for me .. .and now he was gone. He was free and I was still trapped, a mere mouse in a maze doomed to never find the end or the fucking piece of cheese.

" what a bitch" I mumbled well turning over on my side, it was horrible the way I was feeling... because I felt nothing. It was horrible... I wanted to feel something.. To know I was alive.

" But I'm not really alive" I replied to myself

I fell asleep to the sudden deathly silence of the house and the soft crying of the crickets outside. The last face I saw in my mind was the boy in the woods, his jaw line and lush lips and the mess of perfect dark hair.

I was trapped in the dark, it was pitch dark and nothing else. It was wet all around me and my feet kept getting stuck in gooey thick stuff. The familiar scent of blood wafted and invaded my nose, the smell was so strong of human decay that it made me gag on my own tongue. I was trapped in darkness and I felt lonely and scared. I felt empty like as if death himself self sucked out the very existence of my soul from my frail body. The goo that my feet were stuck in started to bubble and get cold, the air around me got cold. The goo started to spurt and spit, then hands...hands...clammy dead stiff knoby hands came from the goo and grabbed my legs. Tore at them, tore through my skin to my bone. Pulling me down to the pit of the goo.

I woke up screaming in broad daylight, cold sweat beaded to my forehead I heaved once and threw up on the floor. I wiped my mouth and got out of be sitting for awhile letting the nausea pass. The nightmares are getting worse every time, their horrible things plaguing my mind and making me feel horribly ugly inside and out when I wake up. I grimaced as I got up at the pain in my stomach then made my way to the kitchen. Stopping in the door of my room I stared at the bloody stain on the carpet on the ground. It was too quiet in the house, mom was gone and so was dad.

" You should come with me" A voice said from my left.

I looked scared all of sudden to find that boy from the woods standing by the front door. I looked at him as if he were crazy, he must be insane for stepping into this death hold of a house. I l stared at him mused yet scared, I didn't care anymore I was tired I was lonely and once I got rid of this boy I planned to hang myself in the back shed were me and Derek butchered our first victim.

" look just leave please and mind your own business" I said dully

The boy looked at me as if I was crazy, I could see he was scared, it was in his eyes.

"Please come with me, I seen what that man did to that woman just a while ago. I followed your trail after you knocked me. It brought me here... that woman...." The boy turned away and closed his eyes as if he was attempting to erase the memory from his mind.

I laughed at his insignificance.

" Well that be my dad and my mom, and I'm sure whatever my dad did to her, she'd dead. Which is good because she's not in pain anymore...now if you excuse me I'm going to go hang myself"

I smiled at the gapping boy, I was must be in shook, the words coming from my mouth weren't me at all. But hey was going to die today it was greatest thing in the world.

" ARE YOU MAD!" He yelled, which only made me jump and stop

" Your coming with me and that's final, we can get you help" He said in a softer tone, seeing that he saw me jump.

I stopped and turned towards the stranger, I felt weird and warm all over. Maybe it was because I was scared... but deep down I knew it was because for the first time in life someone actually cared about me. I stared at him analyzing him, his every bone and curve of his body till finally I got to his eyes. His sad eyes, and those eyes said it all to me. I felt my eyes water and for some reason my head nodded towards the boy agreeing with him that I would go.