The Cannibal Hunger Within Helen Chapter 3

The dim light hummed softy and you could hear the faint buzzing of flies all around our house, I noticed to that the stench got worse in here, it smelt rancid like rotten meat and blood. Fork's scrapped across homemade tin plates and a big pot of soup with chunks of Ash sat in the middle of the table. I played with my soup, starring at my dead sister's meat in my plate. Mom added potatoes and an onion to it to give at least some flavor. I glanced up at my brother Derek sitting across from me; he looked so small and frail holding the spoon in his hand slowly eating. Him and Dad came back about a hour ago with three bodies, a mother a father and a child; we had them in the back shed where dad skinned them, then brought them in the house where mom, me and Derek could help her cut the meat up and wrap it.

"Darling eat your food, your mom worked extra hard to prepare this" Dad smiled at me from the side and nodded and then continued on eating his daughter, a big plate sat next to him with two perfectly cut ribs, cooked to a crisp.

I cringed a bit thinking more of Ash, and her sickness, how she'd cry for help but then hate us at the same time. My stomach growled again deep in my gut, I winced my stomach felt like one big knot from not eating for two weeks. With a trembling hand I lifted the spoon up to my mouth, hot steam rolled off a hunk of meat and a slice of potato, I put the spoon in my mouth and did a couple chews then swallowed it, the food hit my stomach like a bottomless pit.

"Enjoying yourself Helen?" a familiar voice said with a raspy dry like voice

I froze instantly and looked up; sure enough my sister Ash was sitting right next to Derek with a plate of her own in front of her. Her eyes burned into mine, coal black so you couldn't see any white. Ash smiled at me flexing her cheek muscles her teeth showed through the ripped tissue, her tongue was an ugly gray and her teeth were rotting. Her cheeks sunken in , and her eyes bulged out a bit. She looked like a skeleton with just a piece of skin wrapped tightly around her like a cocoon.

She grabbed the spoon of the table and dug into the food, a big piece of green looking rotten meat sat in it, she lifted it up to her flaky chapped lips and ate it. Well chewing she winked at me, soup juice and pieces of meat dripped out the side of her ripped cheek, sending it to roll down slowly at her neck.

"You know, you never really know how actually great you taste until of course you're dead. I must say I do taste just marvelous" Ash winked again and this time picked up the entire plate with her boney bird like hands and started to slurp, juices were now flowing down her neck, somewhere within her came a deep growl. Shaking I gripped the ends of my wooden chair and looked at my mother and father who just kept eating away  acting as if their daughter hadn't come back to from the dead.

"Y-Your dead" I shudderd and closed my eyes hoping she was just my imagination

"Sweet pie who on earth are you talking too" mom said putting down her spoon and looking straight at me

"Yeah Heeeeellleen who you talking too?!" Ash shouted then began to laugh until her laugh turned into a ugly cackle that filled my head and made my heart beat faster.

"Mom! Don't you see her?!?" I pointed straight at Ash who was just sitting there head rolling side to side really fast laughing like a madman

"honey will you please.." mom stopped after please, and stood still for a moment, her skin started to bubble at her face and arms, well steam seemed to skim her body like a second skin. 

"Would...Would you please" moms lips started to peel to a snarl looking grin then start to drop, her hair started to fall off in chunks pulling brain fragments out with it like a slush.

" Shut up darling" Mom attempted to smile but her bottom half of her jaw snapped off and her tongue hung low, she was melting into a bloody pile of skin and bones before my eyes . I closed my eyes shaking with fright not being able to move, the sound of sizzling and popping filled my head along with Ash's ugly laughter.

"HELEN!" someone screamed  

I sat up in the cot sweat plastered to my skin, dad was at the door with his gun in hand

"Helen! Come one baby girl get up!, your brother ran away god dammit not again!, I told him baby... I fucking told him if he ran again... once again id kill him!" Dad shook his head and loaded his shot gun up with the bright menacing bullets

" Hunny you can't kill him ! we already lost our daughter.. not our son please.. not our son" mom weaped in the corner I noticed blood on her head leaking down, and a big shiner on her right eye

" Get the fuck up now Helen or do you want to cowar like your mother!" Dad snarled spit flying, rage shook him  

I didn't answer that question, I absently got up out of bed and got my boots and grabbed my pocket knife and headed out with dad. Thoughts of my dream plagued my mind with fright, so much as happened...if only ..if only the government guy didn't come and we weren't starving...if only...but fate had a better plan in mind.