Chapter 13

(Third person view)

"Why of course you're even now, that was the whole point of putting you two together!~" Mephisto poofed into the room and gave Rin a bit of a surprise but he calmed down and looked at Mephisto sad and dull. "What's with the expression?" Rin gave Mephisto a glare for that comment. Then Rin realized something. "Wait... You made sure Yukio would get hurt?" Rin asked already partly knowing the answer. "Of course I did, why would I?" Mephisto wondrously but wasn't completely a question. "YOU ALMOST KILLED HIM!" "And it was your fault." Mephisto pointed at the navy-haired boy. Rin was taken back by this but also knew it was true. 'Just if I hadn't been so afraid of his brother this wouldn't have happened, or been afraid of him the first place.' Was Rin's line of thoughts. Rin looked down with a guilty look. "Anyways, get ready you have a mission." Mephisto told him before exiting the room and looked up and quickly followed the demon shouting: "Wait, what?!" Rin was surprised and angry he was being sent on a mission at such a time, his brother was lying on a hospital bed and almost died. And still his a possibility of dying, being sent on a mission was out of the question for Rin right now. "Here's the information you need, it's a three-man mission so not too bad." Mephisto continued to go over the details as Rin kept trying to catch up with what was happening, everything was happening so fast he hadn't had a moment to catch up with it all. "Wait, wait, wait!! The demon didn't stop. "STOP!" Rin shouted and the demon finally gave the boy attention. "What?" Mephisto asked so clearly in confused but then again he was a good actor. "You're sending me on a mission at a time like this?!" Rin asked feeling like he wanted to cry all over again, everything was happening to fast he doesn't know what to do, he has the feeling of that it's becoming the 'Shiro's death the remake'. He's being forced to carry on, not catch up and not mourn. "Yes, I can't let my best exorcist get slack now can I, he must be worked well," Mephisto said with a  smile and Rin looked down knowing he wouldn't get a break. "Fine..." Rin whispered in a sad tone that was almost croaky as he tried to stop the tears from coming. He took a breath in and looked up and asked what the mission was, Mephisto gave him a smile and explained. 

Time skip

(Third person view)

"RIN!!" The firey haired women ran up to the dull teenager looking, boy. Shura stopped when she saw Rin just staring at the ground with red eyes. "Rin?" No response, Rin just moved and made his way with the other exorcist not really in the mood to talk. "Rin!" Shura runs to catch up and get the male's attention but no such attention was received until Shura grabbed his shoulders and shouted her question. "Alright, spit it out! What's wrong?!" Rin looked up. "Yukio's in hospital." Rin answered her and Shura was shocked before saying, "so, ye were afraid of 'im anyways." Shura said carelessly and Rin snapped back. "That doesn't mean I did still care for him!" Rin shouted before putting his hand on his forehead, his eyes watering, his breathing picked up as he was thinking about everything, so much was running through his head he couldn't comprehend it all. "Woah Rin, calm down, I was just saying." Shura tried to calm him but the tears ran down his face and started his rant that he really needed. "It's my fault if I wasn't so blinded by fear Yukio wouldn't be in this situation, maybe if he continued to hate me then I would be the one on the bed not having to worry about people worrying about me! I put Yukio in the hospital because I was too selfish and only cared about what I wanted and all I 'wanted' was for Yukio TO STAY AWAY!!!" Rin screamed as he cried as he scrunched up his hair in his hand as he tried to find a way to calm down but nothing came to mind all that was there was that it was his fault and if he wasn't such a wimp this wouldn't have happened. 

"Rin! Snap out of it!" Shura said grabbing his shoulders and attention. "So what if he's in a hospital bed. He's done a mistake, a big one at that and his finally gettin' payback. SO MAN THE HELL UP AND GET OVER IT!!!" Shura shouted and Rin looked shocked before bursting into tears again. Shura looked confused and trying to figure out what to do next so she did the only other thing she knew. She hugged him. "Fine, am sorry. It was a bit harsh but my point was, 't's no your fault, so stop cryin' about it. Yukio ill be fine." Rin's tears slowly stopped and Shura continued to hug a little longer till Rin separated from her and wiped his tears. "Sorry but...Thank you." Rin said looking at her after wiping his eyes. "I really needed that." Rin finished. "Yer welcome, now c'mon we have a mission to do." Rin nodded and they made their way to the mission.

Two days later at the hospital

(Third person view)

"Rin!" The two-toned haired male came up to the navy-haired teenage looking male. "Hm?" Rin asked a little impatiently, He really wanted to see his brother, he'd been away for two days and has no idea how he's doing, he could be dead! "Yukio's awake," Bon told him and Rin's eyes widened before he sprinted down the hallway hearing shouts from Bon but ignored him wanting to see his brother. Needing to see his brother. Rin stopped at the door and saw Yukio sitting and stared at him for a moment and then Yukio saw him and Rin ran into the room and landing on his brother's bed and hugged him letting tears fall. Yukio looked down at his older brother shocked. Soon Yukio gave a small sad but hopeful smile and hugged his brother back lightly as he couldn't move much, his abdomen still hurt a lot, he'd be in the hospital for at least a week, and that was a hopeful guess, But getting out the hospital didn't matter right now, what did matter was finally having his brother back.

Well, almost...