Chapter 10

(Rin pov)

I read through the description of my new mission as I walk through the halls of True Cross Academy. For the past two days (since the mission) I've been taking walks around True Cross and playing with Kuro, I also met up with Bon and Izumo yesterday. We talked a little more about things that have happened throughout the years and what happened when they left me alone with Yukio after the mission and I explained to them and they got agitated that he was still acting like an asshole. I want to say he wasn't being an asshole but I can't, I feel like I finally understand how Koneko was feeling when he was scared of me. 

I read through the mission details hoping to distract myself from the minor detail that I don't want to be true. I have to be paired with Yukio once again, they said it was because we worked well together. I think that's just a lie as they knew we had worked with each other before (obviously, we're related), and plus we completed the mission rather quickly. It'll just be me and Yukio meaning no one for me to hide behind this time. I'll be alone with the person I've feared most for the past six years. Well, when I went to other Japanese branches I slowly forgot about Yukio over the years and it felt like nothing was in my way, I was invincible but now it's like all that has been taken away from me all over again (it was taken away when I first developed my fear for him). 

I make my way to the True Cross gates again and I see him. I walk over hesitantly, shoulders tense and I feel my hands shaking and legs wanting to fail me. Over the past days, I've grown more and more scared of Yukio as I've thought of the endless possibilities of what he could do to me. 

"Hey," He greets and I just nod trying to concentrate on my legs not failing me. "Come on, the train stations this way," Yukio tells me and I nod and start to follow behind him, I watch him closely, I felt like I was staring daggers at him but they would break if he looked at me. "RIN!" Kuro's voice always gave me a heart attack, I looked behind me and saw Rin running up to me and jumping on my shoulder. "Hey, buddy," I say and he rubs his cheek against my neck. I smile and scratch his head. "Rin, come on!" I turn around and see Yukio's annoyed face. I look up fearfully and see him getting more and more pissed off as I stay still.

"RIN!"

"RIN!"

"RIN!"

I jump and I find Yukio looking worriedly at me, I look around wondering what was happening. "You were staring off into space," Yukio says and he steps back once I realize what was happening. "We better get going or else we'll be late." I nod. 'Hallucinations...' I think as I walk behind Yukio staring at the ground thinking about the fact that that was my first hallucination. I'd had nightmares like it but never while awake. I quickly realize we're at the station and we see the train stopping and quickly find a seat. 

The mission is a two-hour train ride so I'll have to just try distract and calm myself here and hope the mission goes well.

Time skip

(Third person view)

The two males made their way to the mission area after making their way off the train. There was a temple in the area and a demon had come to scare off its visitors. The demon was a middle-class so not too tough, would be quite easily taken down by two well-trained exorcists.

"Alright, you know the plan. I'll try to take it down and you're my back up." Yukio reminded his brother (or at least that's what Yukio would call him). Yukio made his way up the temple and the demon automatically appeared ready to scare off its new visitors but soon to find out Yukio was no visitor. 

Yukio quickly pulled out his guns and started shooting. Yukio still used his pistols as he had become accustomed to them. Yukio fired and fired and the demon found itself going t6o die but made a comeback. "RIN!"

(Rin pov)

"God damnit Rin! You were supposed to supply me back up!" Yukio shouted as he slapped me. "YOU DAMN DEMON!" Yukio shouted as he shot off a bullet straight into my head. I stared in horror as I felt the blood drop. Tears fell like a waterfall. "YOU'RE A FUCKING MONSTER! YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST HANDED YOURSELF INTO THE VATICAN TO DIE!!!" Yukio shouted as he continuously shouted. it felt like deja vu from six years ago in the airship. I dropped to my knees as Yukio shot me then kicked me in the head after I dropped. My eyes widened as my Yukio suddenly disappeared.

(Third person view)

Rin screamed as he dropped to his knees and held his knees and cried. "RIN!" Yukio screamed as he had to try to deal with a demon and crying Rin. Yukio eventually rid of the demon and ran down Rin and shouted at him. "What the hell was that?!!" Yukio asked angrily out of breath, he had a lot of injuries from the demon. "You're going to let an exorcist, much more ME! Die!!!" Yukio shouted and Rin looked up and screamed at him. "Yes, yes I am!!! I'm just fucking scared!!! You treat me like abuse and treat me like an animal and then you sudden;y expect me to be okay with that!!! THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS YUKIO!!!" Rin screamed as more ears fell. "I'M FUCKING SCARED OF YOU BEING THE PALADIN, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING TO EM AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!! AND I'M JUST DAMN SACREDN OF YOU!!!" Rin cried and fell to the floor, he curled up in a ball. Yes, it may be childish but how would you feel and react in Rin's situation? 

Yukio looked down at him in shock. Once again he'd made a big mistake, he was really good at making those. He'd done three major mistakes now and he just keeps adding to them.

Yukio took a deep breath. "Rin... I'm sorry. I know that won't make up for what I've done and I know it never will but... It's a start I would guess. Throughout the years, you were gone it finally made me realize what I had done was so wrong. I wanted to repair our bond like you had wanted to so many years ago but...I couldn't...You were gone." Yukio started the long apology he had wanted to say for so many years. Rin still lying curled up[ on the floor crying but he was listening. "I want to be your brother again, so I'm willing to listen to you this time and do what's right for you...Even if it's stay as far away from you as possible..."

"