Chapter 11

DAY 10 - PART 2

Cyprus' POV

I was surprised when Amity dodged Johanna's throw. I would've thought that Johanna could hit Amity if she was atop a moving train. But then again, I would struggle to kill a defenceless girl too.

Only she wasn't defenceless. I had underestimated Amity. Even with a chunk taken out of her leg (Titus?) she managed to stand up and duck in time. Johanna sprinted around her to collect the axe, which was right next to Amity, but Amity drew her dagger.

'Cyprus! Catch!' Johanna tossed me her own dagger, which I let drop to the ground. I picked it up, and held it against Amity's throat. Johanna then picked up the axe. The girl was surrounded.

Amity looked at each of us, her eyes pleading us not to kill her. She was crying. Then, her facial expression changed to one of fear. She looked behind me and screamed.

I felt a coldness plunge into the back of my neck. I reached my hand back to feel it, and my hand was covered in blood. 'Cyprus!' Johanna screamed. Her voice was the last thing I heard.

Johanna's POV

'Cyprus!' I screamed. Cyprus collapsed and as his cannon went off, I plunged my axe into Amity's chest. I didn't pay attention to her eyes becoming glassy and her face losing all signs of life. I didn't notice her cannon going off. I didn't even notice Titus as I looked at Cyprus' corpse.

Cyprus' face was pale, and unmoving. Tears rolled down my face.

I felt a hand grab me, and then a knife grazed my hip. I screamed in shock when I saw Titus right in front of me. I probably could have killed him since I was still holding the axe - which probably belonged to him before I found it on the ground - but I was stunned. I simply ran. I ran through the snow and dead trees, through the river and into the Autumn section. I never looked back once until I stopped to catch my breath. Once I recovered, I quickly climbed a tree and assessed the situation in my mind. I had lost Titus. Cyrus and Amity were dead. I still had the axe, but I left all of my other supplies in the Spring section. I remembered Cyrus' lifeless face, his limp body.

I remembered Amity's expression of desperation as Cyprus and I surrounded her. Still, I murdered her. I tried to picture what Titus was doing. Feeding on Amity's and Cyprus' corpse.

I was soaking wet. Covered in sweat, tears, blood and water from the river. Though I felt like crying, I couldn't. I just wasn't sad. I was angry.

There was no chance in hell that I wouldn't win this thing now.