8 : Sanroku Maid Cafe

Hisako did her best to avoid Kiba and Shino's table as much as she could. When they made an order, she went to a table that has already received their order and sang for them even if it wasn't needed. The other maids would tell her to stop by their table, but Hisako simply refused to do so. However, she just had to step over to them when Kiba waved his hand and happily called out her name. The girl cussed softly to herself, slowly turning as she made her way over to their table.

"So, whatcha doing over here, Hisako?" Kiba asked as he watched Akamaru wiggle out of his jacket and into a baby seat. Shino stayed silent, simply listening in on the conversation. Hisako let out a laugh, obviously forced, but also very nervous in nature.

"T-This is a mission, obviously! I'm doing this to help out the shop while the rest of my team retrieve the other supplies!"

The girl nervously grabbed the frilly apron of her attire, trying to hold in all of her embarrassment. It felt like she would faint any time soon. Hisako shakily brought up her hand, pointing a finger at Kiba a little accusingly. She knew he was there as she had heard his voice, but her finger had pointed a little too far left and so it appeared she pointed at Shino instead.

"And why are YOU here?!" She annoyingly muttered out, but her face was redder than the ketchup used to decorate omurice.

Shino maintained his calm silence for a short moment. Kiba made a small face of surprise, his eyes shifting to Shino who seemed to hang his head down by the slightest bit. Hisako bit her lip, ready to burst into a fit of embarrassment once Kiba had spoken, but was shocked to hear a different voice.

"I'm here because Kiba asked that I accompany him. I didn't know I would cause anyone to be upset."

"Geez..." Kiba pulled his hood down, revealing messy brown locks as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Now he's actually offended by something."

Hisako began stammering. She knew she took it too far, but all the pride and perplexed feelings had her saying words a little too angrily.

"I-I didn't mean it like that..." She mumbled.

"I know. However, it is alright to be honest when someone is being a nuisance."

Kiba just groaned. Shino was normally very vague with his words, and this time was no different. Though to be honest, at least he was being open by how hurt he felt with the misdirected question.

"S-sorry..." Hisako grumbled before taking a tiny step back. "I'm just here to entertain, so I'll call someone else to take your orders."

She continued back, nearly bumping into the other maid who had walked up to the two boys. Hisako turned her heel to converse with the other customers. She looked to the entrance every now and then, wondering where the rest of her team was before glancing back at the two, more specifically Shino.

"Hey, the maid over there!"

Hisako ignored the call, assuming the man was calling towards one of the other maids to take an order. She shrugged it off, giggling softly as she spoke with another girl.

"Maid! Orange-ish braid!"

She blinked.

The kunoichi turned around, excusing herself from the table and following the voice which had been calling her. It was valid of her to assume she was being called, since people often told her how strange and almost unique her hair color was, combined with her usual hair style.

"May I help you, sir?" She smiled.

The man stayed silent before letting out a soft chuckle.

"How about we take this outside? You know, just the two of us?" His voice was low and soft, and he definitely sounded young. Hisako raised an eyebrow, not really sure what he meant.

"Excuse me?"

He laughed once more. "Look, you're the best looking maid here and all the other maids are too old for me." His voice got a bit louder, but not enough to catch the public's attention.

Hisako finally picked up what he was saying, but only shook her head. "Sir, this is a cafe. I'm only here to serve and entertain you."

The girl was going to turn to leave, as she didnt want to deal with this any further, but felt a hand grab her wrist, holding her in place. Hisako clenched her fist, but stayed silent and calm this time. She remembered what the owner had told her about misbehaving customers.

"Come on, just give me a chance!" He was almost practically pleading. His voice was barely on the level of a yell, but some people were starting to take note of the situation.

"No." Hisako replied bluntly.

"I know, you're blind! But I promise, I'm a very good looking man, and everyone will think we're a cute couple!"

She bit her lip, holding back from a growl towarss whoever this man was. Her head turned to face him, although her eyes barely seemed to be staring back at his. She clenched her fist harder and harder, slowly bringing it up to punch this guy when suddenly his hand pulled away. The man grunted as he fell back into his seat.

"W-what the hell?!" He exclaimed.

"She already said no."

It was that voice. Oh, that recognizable voice.

Hisako turned to look at whoever was standing beside her, her mouth open in gasp.

"Shino? What are you doing?" Hisako asked, shocked he even interfered. Deep down, she was quite thankful. She would have beaten this guy to a pulp and scared off more customers if he didn't step in.

"You looked like you need help." He spoke in his usual monotone voice as Kiba walked up behind them.

"Leave it to us, Hisako!" Kiba said almost proudly. "Come on, Shino! Let's drag this guy out of here!"

The two boys did just that, each of then grabbing one of the man's arms and quite literally tossing him out of the restaurant. Hisako wished she had borrowed someone's sight to see that, but in the end the sound of the man crashing onto the dirt path was enough to satisfy her. Shino and Kiba sat back down in their seats, as three more customers enter.

"Woah, woah. I come back to see this? Geez, and I thought this day would be relatively normal..." It was Mikoto. He groaned as he the saw man crawl away from the restaurant.

"Aww, did I miss the action?!" Takeru yelled. "I wouldve beaten him real good!"

"Now, kids, we must consult with the owner before we finish the mission!" Sekiro said as he put down what appeared to be a giant crate of supplies. Takeru and Mikoto did the same, then walking up to Hisako.

"Hisa-chan, you're... a maid?" Takeru tilted his head.

The girl turned red. She hoped that they wouldnt see her like this, yet here they were. She was relieved to see them back, but definitely not while she was in such an outfit.

"At least you're well dressed for...someone." Mikoto smirked and nudged her slightly. Hisako responded with punching his shoulder lightly.

"Wait...what? Who?" Takeru scratched the back of his head, looking around the restaurant and still having no clue.

Hisako sighed, then giggled. "I'll tell you one day."