5 : Grab the Bells!

Sekiro sat down on an open tree trunk, whistling a soft tune. He smiled as he looked up at the sky, the wind blowing his long brown hair softly. His locks were kept up in a high ponytail, and his strange hair tie was none other than the two bells themselves. He took out a small notebook at this point, writing about how he anticipated his students' next moves in his journal.

The three Genin sat within the coverage of thick bushes and tall branches. Mikoto looked past the leaves, seeing their sensei occupied with writing before turning to Hisako. Just as he did so, Takeru jumped back to them from the bushes, giggling to himself as he suddenly gained another wound just below his right cheek.

"How'd it go?" Mikoto asked as Takeru gave a proud thumbs up.

"Traps all set! I couldn't go near him without getting caught, so I didn't place any traps on the grass. I sorta just replaced that part with a squirrel. Does that work?" Takeru seemed disappointed that he couldn't do Mikoto's plan as discussed, but the tired boy nodded, agreeing with the slight change.

"That's alright, as long as he moves just an inch, we can grab those bells." Mikoto gave them a tired smile, trying to give a bit of a pep talk. "You ready, Hisako?"

"Yep!" Hisako smiled, getting up and preparing to pounce onto the distracted teacher. Takeru raised an eyebrow, slightly doubting how Hisako could pull this off, but decided to put his trust into her. This was all about teamwork, wasn't it?

Mikoto and Hisako ran the other way, careful to not make any sound as Takeru picked up the squirrel he had wrapped with a paper bomb. It wasn't lit, and was simply stuck onto the animal. Takeru let it go and it ran towards Sekiro's direction, squealing in uncomfort.

Sekiro turned around, seeing the squirrel and letting out a loud chuckle. "Kids, I do not support animal cruelty, but I appreciate the effort!" He put the notebook down, walking up to the squirrel and taking off the paper bomb. He put the squirrel back down as it ran off, noticing how the bomb was not lit to begin with.

His eyes widened, looking back to the squirrel which tripped on some string, causing a few smokebombs to drop down from the trees.

Hisako ran out of the bushes, the sense of a person standing a few feet in front of her getting clearer and clearer. She already couldnt see, so running through the smokebombs felt like running through practically a normal street to her. Hisako raised her leg as she got closer and closer to her sensei, but felt a hand grip at her ankle before it collided with her stomach.

"I see, I see!" Sekiro let out a delighted laugh as Hisako bent her knees, bringing her body closer and used her other leg to kick Sekiro away.

Hisako instantly dodged a shuriken, then dodging another. She took a step back, then feeling a kunai against her shoulder as she stood still and did not move. Sekiro pat her head, giving her a smile before looking back up at the trees, the smoke beginning to clear up.

"Hisako Ishikawa, you may not have your sight, but it seems your instincts are sharp enough to dodge most attacks. Most." He looks around the trees once more, narrowing his eyes. "Come out, boys. I have your teammate over here needs some help! Teamwork makes the dreamwork, and it can't be teamwork if you're only two! I guess that's simply... partnership?"

In the trees, Mikoto threw a kunai in the direction of Sekiro and Hisako, causing their sensei to let go of Hisako and dodge it. She took the opportunity to give him another kick, sending him back to a patch of grass. Sekiro threw a flurry of shuriken at the girl, dodging a few before one grazed her shoulder, drawing a small drop of blood.

"Hisako!"

Mikoto yelled out, jumping in front of her and parrying the rest of the shuriken as Hisako held her shoulders. From behind the trees, Takeru pulled a few strings and they rose up around Sekiro, leaving him trapped inside.