Chapter 1

Rosie's POV

"Okay, STOP!" Mrs. Lott yelled from the back of the theatre.

Everyone on stage, including me, stopped moving. Mrs. Lott got up from her seat and moved towards the stage in the front of the room. Tension filled the air as she came closer to us. Everyone knew that she was frustrated with us, and that she was going to explode if things didn't start going the right way.

I loved Mrs. Lott to death, but she had her moments. She was a great director who just so happened to have a terrible temper. You did not want to see her mad on a bad day.

"I've seen enough. Go home and practice." she told us, stressing the word practice.

It wouldn't have been as bad if it didn't rely on everyone to get this show to work. Usually we had a few stronger people who could carry the scene, but this show was only music and dance. Having a show of only song made it that much harder, and put everyone on edge.

"That's it for today. Everyone go home. This dance better be cleaned up by Tuesday." She stated trying to remain calm. The cast began to leave the stage to gather their things.

Slowly people began filing out, some calling out goodbyes before they left.

I went out into the house to gather my things when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Hey Rosie?" I turned around and faced Sydney, who we called Syd for short.

"Yeah?" I asked, putting my stuff down and turning to face her.

"Mrs. Lott told me to work on my soft shoe. Can you help me real quick?"

I smiled. "Sure!"

We both walked around the aisle and up the stairs that led to the stage. I started by demonstrating the dance move, and then we ran it over and over again until Syd got it.

"Ok. I think I got it. Thanks Rosie!" Syd cheered. We both then walked down to gather our things.

I took of my character shoes and put on my running shoes so I didn't damage them before the show started. I then placed the character shoes in their box and neatly shut the lid. I picked up my phone, script, and water then headed to the door.

"Later Syd! See you Tuesday!" I called as I opened the door and stepped into the crisp fall air. Normally I would need a hoodie of some sort but considering I just danced for three hours, the air felt quite refreshing.

I made my way down the stairs of the porch type area that was in front of the theatre to the parking lot. There my mom sat in our white Chrystler 200 fooling around on her phone.

"Hey Momma!" I called as I opened the door and stepped into the car. She looked up from her phone and smiled.

"Hi dear. What took you so long? Everyone else came out five minutes ago!" I turned around and placed everything except my phone in the back seat.

"I was helping Syd. She needed help working on her soft shoe."

"Ok. As long as you were helping."

She began to pull out and drive. I looked at my phone and started to chat on the cast group chat we had made.

I glanced up from my phone and noticed that we were at a red light. The light turned green and we began to drive again. I saw a car pull out from the and going across the road from my side.

"Mom look out!" I yelled but it was too late. The next thing I heard was a crash, and then I felt sharp pain in my side. We had wrecked.

"Rosie!" I heard my mom call out. My vision became blurred and sirens came in earshot. That was the last thing I remember happening before I blacked out.