chapter~three~

The cabinet is in an up roar about what  happened last night. The court has since in  history been divided into the north and south course now controlled by the  prime minister and minister of war respectively. Neither the bride nor groom had  shown up for their wedding.

  " I don't understand the prime minister's game or has he a change of heart?"a member of the court said.

   Another interjected"Never,he rules this court but not the prince"

Are you saying that maybe the regent refused?"

"It's not likely, they were betrothed are they not?

  "That means you're next in line lord Whale's" Someone else said, directing the statement to the minister of war who hadn't said a word since his arrival.

    Lord Whale knew that. Infact, he had planned  it, so he would be the royal in-law.

    Walter was way too powerful,he was the oldest court member not by age because he had joined the court when he just sixteen, when he took the first place in the national exams at fourteen. becoming the prime minister for almost twentay-three years. In truth he had served the present king's  grandfather before entering the court.

  Lord Whales had sent his assassins to eliminate Walter's daughter last night. So did the queen whose war with lord Vantie,no one understood.

   His  men had failed but maybe not the queens'. He would have to ask her how she had managed to  pull it. He had doubted a possibility of getting the girl killed even if he had sent all his assassins.

  Maybe the heavens were with him.

  The king was announced, bringing his thoughts back to the court as Walter finally came in, proving his dominance,he grit his teeth.

    just a few minutes and I'll be  named next in-law.

   The clergy started, after everyone was settled. "Due to some reasons the regent won't be attending the court." He paused. "And now, the regents wedding  didn't take place because his bride wasn't present." He said, now facing the lord. "please prime Minister due tell us the reason."

     The king leaned forward  in his throne,his eyes fixed on his old friend. why would Walter do that, wasn't it in fact his scheme to get our children married?.was he letting go of him finally? Or was he trying to insult him again?.

Whatever it was: This was also his opportunity to free the throne from his claws.

   Lord Vantie cleared his throat, stepping forward. The court fell into a dead silence as everyone waited for him. He bowed to the king then faced the court. "there was nothing I could do, my daughter has been kidnapped" The whole court started mumbling."she was taken by some men,who came in the royal palanquin," He said feigning sorrow. "we've been looking for her and once we do, she'll get married".

   "But there won't be another moon creat star until in six months." said the seal curator. He was one among the Ministers that neither barked or lord Vantie nor Whales.

    Another minister spoke, this time in favor of the war minister."And the crown prince has to get married this year,

   "He has to get married to the minister of war's daughter"

   Lord Whales interrupted him."But the prime minister's daughter is in danger,we should think of her." Pretending to care since he had pledged loyalty to the prime minister and also the last thing he wanted was to fall on his bad side.

    "The matter of crown prince marriage is more important."Lord Vantie said.

    Everyone starred at him including the king in bewilderment. "We must not waste anymore time, the crown prince must marry the war Minister's daughter." He bowed to the king in petition."my liege, please consider your humble servant's request."