chapter~one~

Evelyn sat numb by the drawer as her maid and nanny attended to her make-up. The former couldn't stop the tears from flowing while the latter just kept calm or rather hiding her pain. The air filled with unspoken tension.

She didn't want to think about the reason for this disarray. She felt betrayed by the one person she trusted with her everything. How could her father do this to her. Right After coming back from Veechad,since she was six. She has to marry the crown price!

LINC!

The bloody tyrant monster of a regent. The one who had exiled his very own brother at seven,then killed him when he had returned. He had also killed his father's concubines for the death of his younger sister, and when he was sent to the temple for cleansing, it was rumored that he had cut off the tongue and hand of the monks who counted and gave him the three hundred flogging. He even abandoned his bride for the crime of her father.

Evelyn took a deep breath as she thought of what would happen to her. It was literally no secret in the nation that the prince has been after her father since forever.

The whole cabinet shakes in his presence.She had heard of the countless times nobles made a fool of them selves. That is the favorite joke told by a lot of clowns.

And why wouldn't the nobles do that?, the cabinet is popularly known as ' the regent's humming pool' because of the countless times ministers and magistrates were killed there. And each time she thought about it, her anger increased. she wondered how someone could change so much.

Her nanny brushed the tears, Evelyn didn't know had been running down her cheeks. She looked at her nanny,even of warmest of her gaze couldn't get her to stop crying.

"Oh,my lady. I feel so sorry for you." The maid said between tears. Isla was a little broad shouldered with big eyes, and they had known each other since she was seven, when she was still a water girl. She was a year older than Evelyn.

Isla spoke again " how could lord Vantie do this to you". The nanny hit her head., but Isla didn't care,it was like she was being angry on Evelyn's behalf, and Evelyn was thankful for that.

"ouch, nanna!"she complained, taking a hand to massage her head.

Well that didn't stop her,she continued her argument."I'm saying the truth. It's the crown prince my lady is getting married to and his no prince charming. if only I could switch place with you so you can run away...".

Nanna didn't let her finish her statement. she pulled her by the ear almost taking it off. They both indulged in a struggle, leaving the pretty flower in her own misery.

On another occasion, she would have laughed or even threw some silly comments to make it more heated. but no! not today,or the day after it nor one after the day after.

She knew her father was cornered at every angle,or at least that was what Nanna told her. She wondered why her father was letting it go. Like he wasn't the most feared noble in all the three neighbouring kingdoms.

Suddenly an idea came to mind;her mistakes would not affect her father. As always she was considered the Minister's spoilt brat.why not use it to her advantage.

"There's something you can actually do for me".

Evelyn spoke her first sentence since this evening.

Both Nanna and Isla turned to face her wearing an amused look on their faces,immediately stopping the hustle. she did not need to talk for them to understand what she meant. Nanna shook her head vehemently, already refusing , as she came to sit beside her,indulging her in a hug all the while Patting her temple.