Chapter 1~The Beginning

Evelyn's POV
The grey clouds covered the sky like a dark blanket. All you could hear was the pouring of rain and the trudging of feet. I turn my head and look at Erik solemnly. My once diamond blue eyes were now cold and melancholy. He looked back, his eyes showing the same emotion. Hearing rumors of what the Nazis did to people like us, we only felt fear. I turned back, not able to look at him anymore.
My mama and papa walked behind us just as scared as we were. As we approached the metal gates of Auschwitz I felt a cold shudder. You could feel the chills of torture blow from beyond the gates. Suddenly, the soldiers came over and started rounding up the adults. I panicked, looking back and forth to see them coming closer. 'No not Mama!' My brother and I ran to her. A soldier came closer and shoved us aside. He pulled mama and papa away, farther into the gates. This can't be happening!
In this time of fear and despair, they're separating us now?! Erik and I desperately tried to reach her. We couldn't bare to leave her, not now, not ever. But the soldiers were too strong, they multiplied in number, and pulled us back more and more. The gates slowly closed as we were being dragged back farther.
Erik and I stretched out our arms, begging to touch her. "Mama! Mama!" We screamed over and over. Anger and pain filled my heart, tears poured from my eyes. My body became colder and my 'special mark' under my glove began to spread. Frost began to grow all over the gate. My eyes widened as the gate began to bend too. I turn my head and see Erik just as shocked as I was. 'Whats happening?!' Before either of us could react, my world went black.

((This is my first story, so it might suck! Let me know what you think!))