Chapter 16- Powers Revealed

Heyyy guys I'm gonna try my best to finish this asap. Yea I know I'm kinda an ass for leaving a cliff hanger for like almost a year. But I'm gonna try my best to continue. I might even write another book for the next movie. Possibly. I just need some inspiration and ideas. And at the same time I feel like this story sucks a lot...But anyway, enjoy my lovelies!

The bright sun shone through the window and onto the bed, stirring up Evelyn from her slumber. Her arm reached over instinctively but found nothing but cold sheets. Her eyes opened, hoping her sense of touch was lying. But all she found was an unoccupied white pillow.

Charles? Evelyn unknowingly asked out loud to herself. 

Come downstairs, love. It's time for breakfast. I apologize, didn't want to raise any suspicions. Charles replied.

Evelyn was slightly disappointed, but understood that no one could know. Especially Erik.

She groggily sat up, and quickly realizing what had happened the night before. Judging from her own clothes strewn reckless across the room. A dark blush covered her cheeks. Quickly before Evelyn could try to recollect all that had happened, she threw on a sweatshirt and shorts with a pair of converse. Swiftly, she ran out the door to the dining room.

Everyone was already up and eating by the time Evelyn was at the table. As she sat down, Raven turned to her and smiled mischievously. Pretending to not know why she was doing so, Evelyn grabbed the glass of water in front of her and took a swig.

"So how'd you sleep last night? It was pretty noisy in your room." Whispered Raven.

Evelyn choked on her water, hoping no one would notice Ravens comment. Thankfully no one heard Raven, but everyone heard her.

"Hey uh Evelyn are you alright?" Sean asked innocently.

Shutting her mouth and trying to act normal, Evelyn nodded silently. Turning to Raven she glared angrily. However, Raven only chuckled while covering her smile.

"Oh Evelyn, I was wondering if you could stop by the lab this afternoon. To figure out what your powers exactly do, I've created a room that'll harness the energy you create and tell me how it's made." Hank explained.

Evelyn attempted to smile, but it was more of a grimace. Last time she used her powers, she hurt Charles, and became a dark person she never knew. But maybe it'll go better this time, especially since the warm feeling in her chest had spread more after last night. Maybe that's something that might aid her.

"I like your new hair too." Raven whispered again.

Evelyn stared at her quizzically, but then looked down at her blonde hair to see that there was no more blue. Just a normal light blonde. Her eyes widened at the change, with more questions swirling around her mind than ever. But before Evelyn opened her mouth about it, she decided against it. She'd rather find out why it happened first, than to let anyone else worry about it. Therefore to hide it(at least a little)Evelyn tied her hair into a neat bun.

Speaking in a normal tone Raven asked her,"Hey Evelyn, wanna go lift?"

Evelyn again stared at her quizzically, but went with it anyway.

"Sure, but if you don't mind, swimming is more my style." She responded, standing up to join her.

The others around the table looked around at each other, fairly confused. Although they just brushed it off as "girl bonding time".