Yes because that is something I would joke about

We had spent the rest of the day lounging around on the patio, Cat leaving us alone when she finally arrived back some time in the afternoon. In fact, it was just the two of us all evening with Lena cooking dinner to avoid another conversation with Edge, which is why I found myself chopping vegetables against my will for a vegetable lasagne. Lena insisted it would be worth it and that I wouldn't even know the difference once she had finished with it, but still, I could see what was going into it.

"What music do you want on?" Lena's voice made me look up.

Shrugging, I went back to cutting the carrots. "You choose." A few moments of silence follow before NSYNC starts playing. Instantly, I am singing along an dancing in place as Lena does the same as she places lasagne sheets in a dish.

We continued like that until the lasagne was ready, cleaning up as it cooked and finishing off with a dance party. When the timer did finally go off, Lena pulled it out of the oven before I could tell her I'd get it, dropping it on the stove top as the heat made it through the gloves.

"Ow." Shaking her hands, Lena takes the gloves off boucing up and down at the pain.

Rushing to her side, I get gently hold her forearms to get her to stop and look at me. "Trust me?" Waiting for her nod, I hold her hands up and exhale slowly, letting a fraction of my freeze breath cool her hands.

"Thank you, I didn't think that would be as hot as that." Lena smiled, prompting me to smile back.

"No problem." Stepping back, I picked up the dish and went to the table, setting it on a stand between our plates. She didn't say anything else and we sat down, eating in comfortable silence while my mind ran in circles over everything that had happened.

I was so in my thoughts, the rest of the night went was a blur, my body collapsing onto the bed instantly, I don't even remember what happened to Lena after we sat down to eat, the bed empty when I fell into it.

Lena

Kara had been distracted all night, not paying attention to anything, worrying me when she collapsed onto the bed when she entered the room. Sighing, I padded over to her side of the bed and gently took her glasses from her face so she didn't break them... if that was even possible.

Before long I was joining her in the bed, leaving her plenty of space as my eyes drifted shut.

Shifting, I tried to curl into the warmth next to me, still asleep enough not to question what it could be. It was warm and comfy, my brain didn't care so long as I didn't have to wake up. I was jolted awake as I had the sensation of falling, like a dream until I hit the mattress under me.

Looking up, my brain connected the dots as I stared at Kara... sleep flying. Huffing, I blew a piece of hair from my face and just stared at the woman floating a few feet above the bed. One movement or another must have woke her because she was stirring.

I watched as she slowly drifted back down to the bed, lying next to me as she stretched and rolled on her side like this was the most normal thing in the world. It wasn't fair, she shouldn't be allowed to be that beautiful still half asleep.

"Hey, how long have you been awake?" Kara's voice was husky after sleep, which made it rather hard to concentrate on answering her, but I managed... barely.

"A few seconds... You know, when you said you could sleep fly I thought you were joking." I smiled, teasing her a little as I debated mentioning I fell.

She chuckled, "Yes, because that is something I would joke about." Blue searched green as she tried to figure out where I was going with this. "Why, what's wrong?" Somehow Kara had managed to go from chuckling and teasing to worried, her eyebrows creasing as she moved to sit up.

I grabbed her arm to stop her. "Nothing is wrong... I just didn't realise you'd taken me with you." I couldn't stop myself from laughing at the blush that quickly reached her ears.

She hid her face in her pillow, peaking one eye out to look at me as tried to speak, her voice muffled. "I-I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, don't worry." Kara turned her head, taking it from the pillow to look at me properly, or as best she could with her hair in the way. I didn't think, my hand reached out to brush it out of the way and tuck it behind her ear. Neither of us moved, I couldn't. My hand wouldn't move, almost like it was being held nestled along Kara's jaw by some invisible force. Trapped in an ocean, I couldn't look away from Kara, happily drowning even if she didn't know it. I could have sworn she was leaning in, millimetres closer-

The door opened and Cat walked in. "Morning, now get up because we have much to discuss today." Jumping apart, my hand finally dropped landing between us on the bed as my breath came quickly.

"Cat! What the Hell are you doing? You can't just walk in here." I glared at her, managing to hide my panic with anger, Kara had gone back to hiding her face in the pillow.

"Oh please! It's not like you two would be doing anything, it's pretty obvious you aren't dating."