Chapter Forty-Two

Diana sits on the closed toilet at home, her fingers digging into her hair as she waits for the pregnancy test to give her her results. Her knee jiggles. She's impatient to know whether or not this thing is going to change her life. She's not even sure how she feels about it. she hasn't stopped to think about it. She doesn't want to. Because if she starts....she'll unravel. She loves Alaric, that's not in question. But she's 19 years old. A high school drop out with no job. And it's been four months. She's been with Alaric for four months, and not even for all of that. Plus she lives in a world filled with vampires and werewolves, and a town that's crawling with them, her friends are them. It's not exactly safe for a child. She's not exactly safe for a child. Derek knocks on the door. Diana lets out a breath.

"Give me a second," she tells him.

"You got a text from Bonnie" Derek offers through the bathroom door.

"Can it wait?" Diana asks as she glances at her watch.

"She says; 911 Grill now" He reads, she groans and shoves the test into her jacket pocket before joining him, he looks at her and then touches her arm. "Diana, you can tell me anything" he whispers. "And I'm kind of worried about you" She lets out a breath.

"It's nothing," She tells him. "There's just something going on with Ric" Derek's face instantly straightens into his supposed poker face, believing that she is getting suspicious about Alaric and his ring.

"Oh?" he asks, she shrugs a little.

"I'm going to meet Bonnie" Diana offers. "You want to come?"

"I can't. I've got to go to that thing my Mom is throwing" She frowns at him. "Historical tea party" he offers and shrugs. "But I'll see you later....so you can explain why you are being so...I don't even know what you are today" he motions over her and then walks away. Diana lets out a breath and shakes her head.

............

At the Lockwood Mansion, The Historical Society's Tea Party has commenced, Damon enters the house with Alaric. Jenna intercepts them.

"What are you two doing here?" She asks them. "I thought you and Di were going out of town," Jenna tells Alaric who shrugs back at her. Suddenly, Andie walks up to the three of them, notepad in hand. Damon looks over at her and smiles.

"Hi. You came." Andie greets.

"Hi."

"Hi." Damon pecks Andie on the lips. Jenna looks at the two, surprised.

"Thanks for introducing us, Jenna." Damon walks out of the room. Andie smiles at Jenna and stands next to her as they watch Damon walk away.

.............

At the Grill, Luka is playing pool when Bonnie approaches him with two coffees in hand.

"I come bearing coffee gifts." Bonnie hands one of the coffees to him and he accepts it.

"So you're talking to me now."

"I found out what your dad did, saving my friends from the wolf pack." Bonnie offers.

"Well, had I had known that's all it took..."

...............

At the other end of the Grill, Caroline is sitting at a table. Diana walks into the Grill and over to Caroline.

"Hey. How's it going?" Diana asks her, Caroline frowns a little.

"What are you doing here?"

"Bonnie text 911," Diana answers watching Bonnie. "What's she doing?"

"She's gonna ask Luka to tell her what he knows." Caroline answers, Diana snorts a little.

"And he's not gonna tell her anything," Diana argues. Caroline looks at her. Diana sighs with realization. "Hence why I am here" Diana adds. They both continue to watch Luka and Bonnie.

............

"What do you say? You want to play a game?" Luka asks Bonnie.

"Yeah"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Luka starts to move to set up the game, but suddenly he stumbles. He places his hands on the pool table to maintain his balance.

"What's happening to me?" Bonnie moves closer to Luka.

"You'll be okay." Luka begins to fall over and Bonnie grabs his shoulders, trying to keep him upright. Diaan and Caroline quickly walk over to help. "Why don't we go over here?" Bonnie starts to lead Luka around the pool table. Diana approaches them first.

"I got him. I got him." Bonnie moves out of the way and Diana places Luka's arm around her shoulder and drags him away from the eyes of the bar patrons. "What kind of witch roofie was that?"

"Strong one." Bonnie smiles slightly, satisfied with her witchy abilities.

.................

Back at the Lockwood Mansion, Alaric watches as Damon opens the door to the study and gestures for Elijah to enter. Damon follows Elijah in and shuts the door behind him. John walks up to Alaric.

"What's Damon doing with Elijah?"

"How would I know?" Alaric counters.

"Because you're his little helper."

"If you say so, John."

"Does Jenna know about all these extracurricular activities you get up to with Diana? Maybe it's time we tell her. I mean, she can't stay in the dark forever."

"You're a dick."

"I don't think you should sleep over anymore. It's inappropriate with children in the house, and that ring that Isobel gave you, that's mine. I'm gonna want that back." Alaric smiles smugly at John.

"Except as Diana has repeatedly reminded you....it's her house" Alaric counters. John walks away and Alaric watches him go with the same expression on his face.

"What did that asshole want?" Derek asks as he reaches Alaric's side, Alaric looks around him and then around. "She's not here" Derek offers, Alaric lets out a breath. "She's gone to meet Bonnie for some witchey 911"

"What's going on with her?"

"Wish I knew, she's been acting really.....weird today" Alaric hums in agreement. "When I asked her about it...she just said that there was something going on with you" Alaric frowns at him. "I figured that meant....you know, that she might have figured out....about your whole....proposal thing"

"We're fine" Alaric counters. "I think..." he frowns a little and then shares a look with Derek. "I don't know" He corrects himself.