chapter 35

Two broken pieces don't belong together. They are only bound to break each other more. But James chases after Cristiano simply because he can't get enough of him. Cristiano chases after the fallen angel because it is only he who keeps Cristiano sane. But no matter how hard they try to fix each other or to at least stay away, they simply can't. They're stuck like this and neither of them is actually making an effort to cut the rope that has them tied up together.

James' hands tremble more often now. He smiles for the camera and speaks calmly every time he gives an interview after their games. Cristiano keeps an eye on him. They're not on speaking terms, but that doesn't mean that he has forsaken the Colombian. To him, James is his belonging. He owns James. James will never be able to leave him. Maybe it's an obsession. But Cristiano doesn't really care. He wants James to stay bound to him.

"You know, you still need to stay with me," Cristiano says

"I don't want to be an inconvinience to you..."

"I promised i'd take care of you,"

"you've done your part. i'm a lot better now."

James leaves before Cristiano can say anything else. This man is bad news. James knows that he has to stay away from him. They can't keep on doing this. They're only breaking each other even more.

"James wait!"

"NO!! can't you see? This isn't fair for any of us.. We just keep on hurting each other. I'm so tired of this. Please.. I can't do this anymore. I'm tired. "

"But.. I love you."

"Stop. Stop it yeah? Don't throw that word around that much. Just because you say you love me doesn't mean that it will change anything or mend all this damage that we keep on doing to each other. Set me free and set yourself free. Can't you see that this love is like a knife that will simply keep on stabbing us even further and deeper into these wounds that will not heal. I'm about to lose my mind, Cris."

" I can't. I won't. You belong to me."

"oh stop it! I'm not one of your belongings Cristiano. I am a human being.. not your filthy possession."

"And who says that you aren't? I've marked your body.. Your world.. you will forever belong to me.. You will forever be my Possession, James.. Never forget that. "

-

"Why do you drink now? I thought you didn't like it?" Oliver asks

"I like the burning feeling," Antoine simply explains

"Have you spoken to Leo? I didn't think you two were friends."

"Yes. He and Neymar are living together now so I try not to invade their privacy," Antoine

"Oh really? They're a couple?" Oliver asks

"Yes sir they are. They're actually really cute "

"Well that's good. I'm happy for them. "

"Do you think that.. maybe... someday... you and I will be able to be ... together?"

"We are together.."

"No I mean... like... out... in the open.."

"Yeah.. i do," Oliver smiles

And his smile looks so good and truthful that Antoine falls for it. He has no doubt that he and Oliver will be able to act like a normal couple. Oliver holds him so tightly that he feels like all his broken pieces are being put back together. He falls asleep in his lover's arms.

It's not the first time that antoine has done that. But Oliver doesn't complain. He finds that to be a very cute habit of the French boy. He's able to look at the sleeping beauty in his arms. When did he get so lucky? How can he deserve someone so good?

____

Should I make the next chapter a neymessi chapter? I'm writing this from my new laptop lol sorry i haven't updated in a while.