Chapter 8

Severus missed the Great Lodge. He wasn't a fan of London, a major metropolis with too many people and polluted air.  Granted most of his opinion had been formed by references such as 12 Grimauld Place, Diagon Alley and the Ministry of Magic. He did like Prince House and, from his views out the windows, the surrounding area seemed pleasant and well-maintained. Severus finished his breakfast of eggs, toast and juice then inquired, 

"Neder, anything on the schedule today?" 

Neder replied with a curious gleam in his eyes and  amusement in his voice, "Yes, Sir. The solicitor just arrived and is waiting in the conservatory." 

Severus noticed the elf's apparent delight at a lawyer in-waiting and wondered what that was all about as Neder continued with the agenda, 

"Then, Sir is expected at Gringotts at 11 o'clock this morning." Neder handed his master a brass ring supporting approximately two dozen keys. 

"And Headmistress McGonagall will arrive for tea at 5 o'clock this afternoon." 

Severus rose from his chair and proceeded toward the conservatory. He gave Neder a puzzled glance as the elf giggled to himself before vanishing with a 'pop'.                                

Daphne Giselle Primrose stood in the conservatory of Prince House admiring the glass structure. Severus stood admiring the attractive young woman's structure. She wore a dark blue skirt and suit jacket popular with Muggle London corporate types Severus had seen on his occasional trips outside Diagon Alley. He noticed she stood straight and confident. Squared shoulders tapered to a slender waist and her hips flared slightly giving her the appearance of a well-toned athlete. Long shapely legs were accentuated by three inch heel, pointed toe shoes. Her cinnamon colored hair was pulled neatly back and fastened with an ornate silver clasp. 

She didn't hear Severus enter the room, "Good morning." 

The woman turned to face him, "Oh, Good Morning. Sorry, I didn't hear you come in." 

Extending her hand in a business-like manner she introduced herself, "Daphne Primrose, Your Lordship, lead solicitor in Magical law, lead solicitor in Muggle law and partner at Primrose, Primrose and Paine." 

Severus noted with pleasure that her face was as lovely as the rest of her. Green eyes with a splash of honey brown sparkled while her smile was broad and bright. Severus took her hand and politely bowed his head, "Severus Prince, at your service, Mrs. Primrose." 

Daphne was quick to correct, with a smile, "It's 'Miss'. My father, Aurelius, is the senior Primrose partner."

Neder popped in with tea and biscuits. Severus observed the still present blush on Neder's face. The elf looked at Daphne then back to Severus and winked before vanishing. A slight shake of his head brought Severus back to matters at hand. The next couple of hours were consumed with the business of property, finance and taxes. Contracts were signed and Primrose, Primrose & Paine, once again, represented a Lord Prince and all of his holdings. 

Severus exhaled, "Well that's done." 

Daphne smiled as she placed the newly-signed Prince documents in her briefcase. She stood and extended her hand, "It was very nice to meet you and we at Primrose, Primrose and Paine are honoured to represent Your Lordship." 

Daphne eyes twinkled and her smile sparkled.  Severus finally realized what Neder had been hinting at all morning.  He rose taking her hand, "I have an appointment at Gringotts to assess my vaults. Would you care to accompany me? As my legal representative, Miss Primrose?" 

Daphne accepted, "Of course, Your Lordship. I've freed up the day for your convenience." 

Severus raised an eyebrow, "Indeed? Lucky me," Severus crooned in his soft baritone voice. 

Daphne seemed to blush. Severus asked, "Do you apparate?" Daphne replied confidently, "Frequently." 

Severus noted a touch of sarcasm in her voice. He liked that.