Chapter 8

Emmalin P.O.V

When I wake up, I'm lying in my bed. How did I get here? When I lift my arm, I notice a bandage where the cut had been. It all comes crashing down on me, the shopping, the Russian dude, and then falling asleep in Luca's arms. My ribs hurt, but not as badly as before.

"Oh, Emma, you're awake! Let me call Antonio." I hear Gio's voice.

"Sofie," I say.

"Don't worry, Sofie's fine. She's just playing with the twins." He assures me. A minute later, Antonio and Dante walk into my room.

"There's my bambina." (baby, babygirl) Dante says, kissing me on the head.

"Hi guys." I smile.

"Emma, we need you to tell us everything that happened with that man today." Antonio's face revealed nothing.

"Well, there was a creepy looking man at the store, and he told the lady at the till to get someone out of the back room. Then he poked a gun into my side, and told me not to do anything stupid."

"Wait, how did you get him in that position if..." Dante trails of.

I stand up, and walk over to Gio, who is holding a phone in his hand. I squeeze his pressure point, and he lets the phone drop to the carpet. Antonio says nothing, but his eyes show...Pride?

"The guy was looking for his phone, so his grip loosened on the gun."

I tell then exactly what happened afterwards, and their expressions are a mix of shock, pride, and amusement.

"Emma, did he say anything other than that?" Antonio asks.

"Well, before the gun, he was speaking over the phone in Russian."

"Well, that's useless. Anyway, you should get some rest." Dante says, walking towards the door, and leaving. I knew he was barely containing his anger, and he really needed to get some air.

"Antonio?" I ask.

"Yes, bambina?"

"I speak Russian." He looks shocked for a second, before nodding for me to go on.

"He was speaking to someone named Rod. The guy said he found me, and to grab my sister." Antonio's eyes were so dark, they were almost black.

"Thank you for that, Emmalin. I have some business to attend to, but your other brothers will be here." Antonio kisses my head, and leaves me without another word.

"Damn, my sister's a badass." Gio says, smirking at me. "I'll show you how to set up your new phone." He says, going through my bags of shopping, until he finds the latest i-phone.

A couple of hours later, I'm going though my art supplies, when Luca walks into my room carrying a bunch of schoolbooks.

"Grrmbmlmrrb." He mumbles, flopping down on my bed.

"Umm, well, hello to you too." I say, and he smiles.

"Don't mind me. Gio said that we had to stop playing tea-party- which was actually pretty fun- and finish our homework." He says, opening a bunch of textbooks. I just shrug, and start sketching him.

Once I'm done with my sketch, I put away all my stuff, and glance at Luca, who is gripping his hair in frustration.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"This doesn't make any sense. Stupid history." I take his textbook, and look through the chapter. It's about world war two.

"What doesn't make sense?" I ask.

"Nothing does. I mean come on. You wouldn't understand, sis. It's two years ahead of you." He pats me on the head like I'm a kid, and I scowl, making him chuckle. I glance at the worksheet he's busy with, and see that he's already crossed out two answers. Both of which were wrong.

"Just remember LAMB." I say.

"LAMB?"

"Yeah. They're all explained in detail on page twenty-four, but this is easier. Land, army, money, and blame." I go into further detail of the treaty that Germany signed.

"How did you know all that? Have you learnt this already?"

"I have a photographic memory." I shrug, like it's no big deal.

"Aw, dammit. My bet was that you were a fairy in secret." He pouts, making me giggle.

We spend the next hour with me tutoring Luca. He gives me a chocolate as a thank you, and I gladly accept it. We all go downstairs, and watch Moana. Although, I'm pretty sure Luca was more interested in the movie than anyone. Somehow, he knew all the lyrics to the songs. Overall, today has been a great day. Well, apart from being stabbed in the arm by a creepy guy in a ladies' underwear store.