Chapter 3:

Emmalin P.O.V

"Would you like anything to eat of drink?" Dante asks from next to me. Sofie's head snaps up at the mention of food, and she looks at me like she's asking for permission. I give her a nod and a smile. She must be hungry.

"Do you have any fruit?"Sofie asks, excitedly. We both love fruits. Our old neighbour used to have an apple tree, and she would always give us some, but then she moved away, and a rude man came to live there. He cut down the tree, so he could have more space. Dante smiles, and signals an air-hostess.

"So, sorellina, what do you like to do for fun?"(little sister) Enzo asks Sofie. 

"I like playing with Emmy's hair." She smiles. She's so trusting. I wish I could be like her, but she's only four, she shouldn't have to worry about anything. Although, these guys seem really nice, but that's what I thought about Carter the first time I saw him. The nice lady brings us each a bowl of fruit, a bottle of water, and a spoon. I nudge Sofie, and she nods her head. "Thank you." She says, and I smile at her, and thank the nice lady.

"Everyone, listen to me!" Sofie announces, and everyone stops their conversations to listen to what she has to say. She points to everything on her tray. "cucchiaio, mela, uva, fruttaacqua." (spoon, apple, grape, fruit, water.) I give her a huge hug, and kiss her head, while everyone else claps for her, looking shocked.

"She can also speak Italian?" Gio asks, and I blush.

"I've been teaching her." I say.

"That's really great, tesoro." (sweetheart) I smile at him. Sofia clearly wasn't finished, because she points at all our brothers.

"fr-fratelli maggiori," (older brothers) I was beaming with pride. It's really easy for me to learn things, because of my photographic memory, but for her, this is amazing.

Once we've landed, I feel more comfortable around my brothers, and they seem to be happy about that.

"We should stop at McDonalds for lunch." Luca says, as we step into a limo with a driver.

"What's that?" Sofie and I ask at the same time. All of our brothers look at us like we're crazy.

"Okay, McDonalds it is," the driver says, and takes us to a place with a giant 'm' outside it. Dante orders for everyone, and Luca takes Sofie to a playground. I don't take my eyes off her for more than a minute.

"She's alright, Sorella," (sister) Gio says in a soothing tone, but all I do is nod, and continue watching her. The food at this place is amazing. It as also Sofie's first burger, which the boys could not believe. Since Sofie got a happy meal, she got a toy as well. Sophie only has one toy, and it's one that she's had since we can remember. She can't sleep without her rainbow. It's a stuffed rabbit, with yellow fur. I also have a little elephant, but I don't know where I got it from. I'm too old for stuffed animals, but Ellie is who I spoke to if Carter got too bad.

We eventually left McDonalds, and went to their house. No, not house, mansion. Sofie's eyes would fall off if they went any wider.

"So, do you girls like it?" I could hear the smile in Enzo's voice, and I smiled back at him.

We entered the house, and I was once-again blown away by the shear beauty. There were two staircases. Two!

"I'll show you to your rooms," Luca says, with our bag in his hand. He leads us to a huge room, with  pink theme to it. There is a nice bed,with railings on the sides, so you won't fall off. There's a bathroom with a shower, as well as a tub. There are little rubber ducks next to the bathtub, and the pink theme continues in the bathroom, and walk-in closet. "This is Sofie's room" Luca says, and I panic.

"Sofie's room? Is she far from me? How far away is she?"

"Hey, hey it's okay. Look, your rooms are connected." He opens a door that leads to another, even bigger bedroom, with a blue, turquoise, and teal colour. I breath a sigh of relief. The room is amazing, and the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It has a flat-screen TV, and a nice desk to study at.

"This is beautiful. Thank you." I say to Luca, who smiles kindly. Luca leads us to the kitchen, which is huge, and places Sofie on the kitchen. Everyone was making small talk, when a man walks in. He is extremely tall, and his face shows no emotion. He's really big and scary, so I instinctively reach for Sofie, and shield her. I'm terrified at the moment, but Dante places a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, calm down tesoro. That's just Antonio, your oldest brother." (sweetheart) He says reassuringly.