Chapter 17

There was a knock on the door, making Harry and Remus look up from their chess game. Charlie and Bill sat up, frowning. The twins scowled from their position on the floor, and Sirius, in dog form, glared at the door. He was sprawled across Fred's lap, with George's fingers tangled in his fur.

"Enter," Harry said with a sigh.

The door opened and a very sheepish Percy stood there. His glasses were crooked, and one of his eyes was black.

"What happened?" Remus asked in alarm, as Bill went to Severus' private stores in the back of the classroom, looking for a bruise salve.

Percy winced and collapsed behind one of the desks. "Nothing."

"If you want the twins to trust you, you have to tell the truth," Harry said calmly, moving a pawn a space forward. The twins were still glaring at him, and Sirius

A pained expression crossed Percy's face. "Mum," he said quietly. The twins paled slightly.

"She punched you?" Bill exclaimed as he reappeared with a small green container. He handed it to Percy and sat back down with Charlie.

"No, she slapped me, I fell and hit the counter," Percy said bluntly.

"Why?" George asked coldly.

Percy flinched. "I... I told her I was gay," he whispered.

The twins eyes widened; Bill and Charlie paled. A second later, Percy was enveloped by his four brothers.

Harry heard a yelp from the center of the group hug. "Can't breathe!" Percy choked.

Remus smiled slightly, then looked down at the chess board. "What?" he demanded, staring at it.

Sirius barked out a laugh, turning back into his human form. "Scales always wins, Moony," he cackled. Remus cast him an amused glare, which just made Sirius laugh harder.

Bill, Charlie, and the twins released Percy, who looked flushed and embarrassed. He refused to look at anyone, instead staring at the carton of bruise salve.

"I... I'm really sorry about..." Percy swallowed. "I was a prat."

"Yeah, you were," said Fred with a tiny smile.

"But you're still our brother," George promised.

"I don't deserve your forgiveness," Percy said despondently, tracing the lid of the bruise salve with his finger. "I was rude and cruel, and-"

"Perce, do yourself a favor and shut up," said Bill firmly. Percy jumped and stared at him.

"It's in the past. We forgive you," Charlie said simply. The twins nodded.

Percy swallowed, blinking. "Th-thank you," he croaked. "I don't deserve it," he said again.

Sirius let out a dramatic sob. "You're all so sweet," he wailed, pressing a hand to his chest. Percy laughed. It was a slightly hysterical laugh, but a laugh all the same.

"Percy," said Harry with a small smile, "why did you decide to come to us?"

Percy's eyes flashed with anger and fear. "I found out what Dumbledore was planning, and it will hurt my brothers. That includes you," he added to Harry.

Everyone in the room tensed. "What is he planning?" Harry asked sharply.

"I couldn't get all the details," Percy admitted, "but he somehow got your name into the Goblet of Fire, which means it has to do with the Tournament. The third task was mentioned several times. He also has a spy in the school."

The twins exchanged alarmed looks. Bill and Charlie turned gray, glancing at Harry worriedly. Remus eyes glowed gold, and Sirius was growling.

Harry tapped his fingers on his arm, frowning.

"I want to spy for you," Percy announced.

"What?" the twins chorused in alarm.

"No, you'll get hurt," Bill said furiously.

"You don't have a spy," Percy said firmly. "And it's the least I can do for what I did." He turned to Harry.

"It's true, I don't have a spy," Harry mused. "I accept. But if it becomes too dangerous, you'll stop," he warned. Percy nodded.

Harry studied him for a moment, then smirked. "Percy... have you heard of the Black Knights?"

Percy went white.

Junior Marauder Members:

Third Years: Luna: Radish

Fourth Years: Harry: Scales; Draco: Albino; Neville: Fuzzy; Seamus: Bandit; Dean: Tarzan; Blaise: Strike

Sixth/Seventh Years: Tom: Red; Fred: Flame; George: Sparky; Cedric: Loyal; Viktor: Regal; Fleur: Blaze

Adults: Remus: Moony; Sirius: Padfoot; Regulus: Stripes; Severus: Snarl; Kingsley: Don; Winston: Gray; Charlie: Nuts; Bill: Russet; Percy: Hoot; Oliver: Swift

Black Knights:

King: Anguis (Harry)

Queen: Amber (Tom)

Rooks: Alpha (Remus) & Shere Khan (Regulus)

Knights: General Shen (Draco) & Prince (Severus)

Bishops: Samwise (Neville) & Redbeard (Seamus)

Higher Pawns: Morgan (Luna; seer); Grim (Sirius; Guard); Oberon (Fred; Creator); Puck (George; Creator); Shadow (Kingsley, Recruiter); Blackbeard (Dean, Creator); Venom (Blaise, Stealth); Khepri (Skeeter, Spy); Hathi (Winston, Wandmaker) Howl (Cedric, Sleeper); Kaa (Viktor, Sleeper); Siren (Fleur, Sleeper); Scarlet (Charlie, Dragon Trainer) Genkurō (Bill, Goblin Liaison)

Lower Pawns: Storm (Minerva McGonagall-Pomfrey; Commander); Thunder (Poppy McGonagall-Pomfrey; Healer) Archimedes (Percy; spy); Thorondor (Oliver; scout)

(Percy's animagus form is an owl and Oliver's is a bald eagle.)