Angel wings

"Can I just get a hot chocolate, actually no, make that two" I made sure to smile sweetly to the barista so she wouldn't spit in our drinks when we weren't looking. Kyungsoo offered to pay for his but I wouldn't allow it. We decided to sit in a booth by the window so we could feel the sun's rays warm us up on this fall evening.

"Thanks Jongin, that was so sweet of you." My chest got the same weird feeling and I was just speechless, he looked even better today. His hair was swept over, it was unbelievably sexy, and I couldn't tear my eyes away from him.

"Y-you're welcome" Damn it, stop being so nervous, he probably doesn't even like you.

"So, are you going to explain what in god's name happened to your knuckles, or are you going to keep trying to hide them in your hoodie sleeve?" one thing I have learned about this male is that he is blunt, he has no filter, he doesn't care what comes out except when it's regarding himself.

"I punched a wall" I retorted, bringing the hot chocolate to my lips. His expression softened, no longer smiling, his hand snuck its way across the table and held the battered one.

"What happened? If you want to tell me, you don't have to"

"My dad was...drunk and he was being an asshole to my mom, so it's better if I hit a wall instead of getting my ass kicked by him, again. " I laugh, and he doesn't. He doesn't let go of my hand and he brings it up to his lips, kissing them each softly. I was frozen, my whole body becoming stiff. I watched and I swear electricity shot through each little finger, up my arm, making my body feel like static.

"I'm sorry Jongin; I hope to god I never meet your father because seriously I would kill him"

He was serious, his eyes meant it, and they hooked me, begging me to look further into them to see his secrets. I pulled my hand away softly, and he only smiled at the response. We continued to drink our hot chocolate in silence until the sun went down, we walked all the way in front of my house and he stopped me.

"Jongin, do you want to stay at my house? I only live a little ways away."

"It's a school night though..." I mumbled, puffs of smoke drifting upward into the unknown.

"My mom won't mind, I'll even come inside to talk to yours." He was persistent, another thing I learned.

I wanted to say no, I wanted him to go away; no one has ever set foot into my house because everyone knows what happens behind it. Without a word he grabbed my hand and led us to the door and when I opened it I regretted it instantly.

Dad had mom by the hair, dragging her by it across the floor. She bit and spat when he tried to pick her up. Kyungsoo yanked me out the doorway and slammed it shut; all we heard was glass shattering against the other side. Kyungsoo led the way as we sprinted through sidewalks, across streets, until we ended up in his neighborhood. It was bright, it was happy, it was welcoming. I tried to not think about my mom, and my dad, and what his mom would think about me.

We walked up his porch stairs to a two story, light blue, home. He threw the door open and it smelled like spring. A women, who looked really young and pretty spun around and saw us and grinned.

"Kyungsoo? Who's your friend?" He pulled me forward and I bowed politely before her and introduced myself.

"Is he staying for dinner?" She eyed me up and down and averted her stare to her son.

"The night...um, his parents are going through something so he's staying with us. Is that okay?"

Her smile fell ever so slightly, and she clapped her hands together in excitement. "Yes! That's alright with me sweetie, do you like dumplings?" I smiled politely and she pushed me and Kyungsoo down a hallway and called "I'll let you boys know when it's done"