Nightmare

The gym locker room is where they always corner me, my back is to a locker, Mark; the leader of the gang is inches away from my face.

"A little birdie told me that you're gay"

The other guys around him watch me, some innocent bystanders look on pathetically.

His hand grips my face, forcing me to look him in the eyes, I glare, all I can see is my father staring back, they're both the same.

"So you like boys, huh?" His smirk reveals his hidden motives, and I can't breathe. I feel like he's sucking away all of my precious energy, then it happens. A swift movement that holds so much power, his fist connects with my jaw and my head bounces off of the locker. The pain shoots from my jaw to my skull, slightly pulsating. His buddies join in now; they crowd around me like predators. Their eyes are hungry. I imagine my father grinning behind them all; finding pleasure throughout this whole situation, all he ever wanted was to see my wings get broken. Then again, what wings...they never grew for me. I was a hopeless fuck up that never learned how to fly.

Suddenly the males quit beating me, arms were ripped away from my body, I slid to the floor, trembling. It was him, my angel. His eyes were dark with rage, swinging his iron fists, feathers floating around the locker room from his massive wings.

"Get the fuck away from him!" He growled, Mark backed away in awe.

My whole body ached, I could tell bruises were already forming and I'm pretty sure that blood was drawn. My eyes lifted to see Kyungsoo standing his ground, protecting me. My palms were bleeding, my right eye was swollen, I felt like they had stripped away everything from me. Kyungsoo held me up as we walked to the nurses' office.

"Those bastards...they're so lucky I didn't break their fucking necks."

I said nothing as we continued down the hallway, I was afraid to. Kyungsoo was livid and I didn't want to make matters worse.

"Jongin, how do you feel" Nurse Boyle's asked after she cleaned up some of my cuts. I just nodded my head, not giving her a straight answer. It felt like my words were trapped, scratching around in the base of my throat. I was ashamed, embarrassed, I felt useless.

When she left, Kyungsoo was in front of me in seconds. "Jongin, what happened? What did they say?"

"Nothing" I mumbled.

"Jongin..." His fingers trailed across my face, tracing the scars, the bruises; I winced when they added pressure to the pain.

I looked up at him, and I stared into his owl eyes intensely warning him not to push it any further.

After school I didn't go home, I didn't go to Kyungsoo's house either despite the fact that Kyungsoo begged me to; I just wanted to think. The sky displayed beautiful colors for me as I walked to a nearby park near the school. I didn't know what to do at all. I sat on a bench and I stared into the woods around me, a faint sound of a heart rate monitor pierced my ears, I looked around frantically, people were going about their daily lives, I was the one who was crazy.

It was a white room, it smelled sterile, I heard the beep of the monitor beside me, murmured voices...Wake up. I shot out of bed, sobbing. A lamp turned on beside me, I jumped, startled. I had no idea where I was until I saw Kyungsoo.

"Jongin? Jongin?" Kyungsoo held me tightly, I was in his room. I was safe...secure...safe...

"What's wrong?" He whispers into my ear, I can't stop shaking no matter how hard I try, I just keep crying, the tears won't stop. I couldn't even put into words how terrifying that was, it was simple dream but it scared the living hell out of me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He was wiping away my tears now, and for some reason I felt so frustrated, I felt like I had just woken up from ages.

"Kyungsoo...I. I can't explain it. It...just..." He waited patiently, rubbing circles into my back, I retold what happened and I could tell he couldn't understand why I was so upset about it but he still continued to comfort me despite it. He saw how distraught I was over it, he wasn't about to screw it up even more.

I calmed down after awhile of talking to him, and he soon went back to sleep. I stayed awake watching the time on the clock change, the only sound I heard was Kyungsoo's soft breathing, and it calmed me. Wake up. It was that voice again...I rolled over and squeezed my eyes shut. Tomorrow will be better...it better be.