Ending

It had been three years now your face had matured and you were truly happy working at your new job as far away from the avengers as you could get. You were now working in Sydney, Australia and besides the hot weather and odd slang you were loving it. When you arrived at work there is already a coffee on your desk. There is no note to let you know who the buyer is yet one sniff tells you it's your favourite - hazelnut latte. I sink into my chair and peer around. Hardly anyone is here yet and no-one even looks my way or acknowledges me at all. I turn my attention back to the cup. It's a venti, tall, frothy and still hot. I want to resist it until I know the giver, but without a conscious thought it is in my hand and the first milky sip creeps over my taste-buds and down my throat. After only a few minutes I am bathing in the kick of the caffeine. The time for finding my benefactor has passed, the first meetings of the day are already slated to begin. So I carry my reports in one hand and the cup in the other. Until it's drained it will be within an easy arms reach.

You walked into your office on the top floor and wandered what you should do today. The papers on your desk were due tomorrow but it hardly mattered when you were the boss of the company. You saw your villain suit peeking out through the wardrobe and decided you should take it for a spin. Something about being with the avengers had changed you, you were no longer curious and evil but more of an antihero doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. You were also no longer on the avengers most wanted list but you didn't know if that was because of your changed attitude or Steve not wanting to see you again. You picked up the coffee cup wandering who might of given it to you. You twirled the cup in your hand and saw the faint name scribbled onto the side 'Steve' you looked up suddenly feeling watched.

You put you super suit on before slipping out onto the roof. The coffee in your hand warmed you up and you could see the sunrise in the distance. You waited letting the morning rays of the sun engulf you and your hair danced in the wind with the leaves. You had waited for him but soon realised you were probably fooling yourself maybe one of your employees had given it to you and it was just a coincidence that their name was also Steve. You stretched your arms above your head letting out a satisfied moan at the feeling of your muscles relaxing. You made your way down the stairs and headed towards your office, sat on your desk sat a captain America plushy and you knew it was no coincidence.

You walked out of your office and to the park across the road trying to clear your mind. When you got their you noticed a picnic set up with fairy lights dangling across the trees and a bottle of wine in a bucket nearby. It reminded you of your failed confession and you let out a small laugh wallowing in you self pity. "Come on Steve, you know this a little cliche" the silence that followed made you almost think you imagined it all. Almost. "Come on I've been tortured long enough come out I want to see you". You saw him step out from behind a tree he had changed. His hair looked soft to the touch and his eyes sparkled with something you'd never seen before. It couldn't be love could it? He also had a beard now making him look more mature. "Do you love me? You hesitated was this a game to him, you smiled like the Cheshire Cat, well then two could play this game "I'm not sure"

He nodded a sorrowful smile on his face "can I make you fall for me". You froze he had hurt you once before but you knew you still loved him you just didn't know if you could forgive him. "Ok, you have till midnight to make me fall in love" he smiled pulling you into his arms "let's go then". He lead you to the picnic blanket and poured you a glass of wine before telling you stories of what you had missed while being away from  the avengers. You found out that tony was now a father to a precious girl named Morgan and that Bucky was volunteering at a homeless shelter with Sam even though they hated each other but the thing that surprised you the most was Steve's search for you for three years. He wasn't actually quite surprised that you stayed so low key even while continuing to be a hero in your spare time. "I'm sorry I hurt you" he whispered into the wind, you shook your head it was in the past now.

Steve saw the sky getting darker and the stars coming out but he didn't want to leave. If you weren't in love with him by midnight he would disappear and never see you again. He kept looking down at his watch praying that time would go slower and it did till it got to five minutes to midnight. His time was almost up and he dreaded it "y/n can I kiss you" he said already regretting his words. You looked down at your watch a minute left "ok" you nodded. Your lips met and it was like fireworks going off the feeling so bright and beautiful you regretted pulling away for air "do you love me?" You said remembering his previous answers and preying he said what you truly wished he'd say "yes with all my heart" he said pulling you closer and kissing your lips your heart finally fixed after being broken so many times.

Hi guys! Welcome to my page! I am active daily so shoot me a message if you have any request or want to message me about any pf my stories 💕