Chapter 8

As the heat rose, so did the Queen. Unfortunately, it was making its way here. Her black dress was starting to stick to her thighs, ugh. It was disgusting. "I wish I had a more airy dress... Perhaps a sun dress!" Charlie giggled as shadows swirled around her body to give her the clothing she desired

A tall, weak boy watched from afar. That sun dress did not go with her vibe. He was slowly approaching, silently.

"Oh? Is someone here?" Charlie asked, turning around towards the dark where she shouldn't have been able to see him. But she's the shadow queen, so of course she could see him.

A large shadow hand rose up from the ground, grabbing the boy's skinny bod and pulling him towards her. His makeup was smeared, creating a horrifying scene

"Goodness... Here, let me fix it." She snapped her fingers and her hands went to work, making the mime's makeup into more of a clown style. It even had the tear.

Upon seeing the new look, Wes held a thumbs down by slipping his arm between the fingers of the shadow.

"You don't LIKE IT?" Charlie screeched, a shadow side of her coming out at the second part of her sentence

Wes shook his head. He ain't afraid of a lil lady.  The shadows were sent back to work to fix his makeup again, making it the normal way he made it. This time, Wes put a thumbs up

"Awww, thank you Wes! You know, I can always count on you. Now, what do you think of my dress?" She asked

Wes put a thumbs down

"Oh? What do you think I'd be better suited in?" She unhanded Wes so he could draw it in the dirt

"Is that underwear?" She asked, pointing to a pair of shorts. "Ohhh, you flirt!"

Wes was drawing it all bigger and spelling it out

"Hm... Well, if you think so." Shadows surrounded her body again, creating the outfit our dear friend had made for her. It did look nice! And really airy. "Ohhh, Wes! I don't know what I'd do without you!"

Wes gave a thumbs up.
______________________

Ugghhh dinner time is the HARDEST decision ever!! I mean, Charlie didn't actually need to eat but it always made her feel human! Which she totally was! And not a weird, freaky, hybrid shadow monster that her ex boyfriend turned her into. She was just an offbrand Batman!

Wes was thinking of something for her. He did live in Paris, one of the cities notorious for high class restaurants. 'What are you craving?' Wes signed to her.

One of Charlie's tiny terrorbeaks whispered a translation of Wes' sign language into her ear. "Oh, uhh... I suppose I'd like something high class, with meat!"

Wes knew all about high class. After all, he preformed in the streets of France daily, only getting about $10 a day. He suggested a nice steak and potatoes with wine.

"What?" She said, sternly. "You think that's high class?!" She stood up, a hand grabbing Wes by the throat. "That is mere middle class food." Her voice distorted.

Wes was set down on the ground after passing out from lack of oxygen.

"I'll feed him to THE HOUNDS!" She screeched, snapping him to the middle of the forest where it was reaching night time.
______________________

"Wilson..." Maxwell said groggily. "I hear howling..."

Wilson snapped awake at the sound of Maxwell's voice. "Huh?? H-howling?" Wilson looked out into the night to see if there was anything outside, feeling only the radiance of heat from their campfire. That is until he heard footsteps

Wilson brought his head back into the tent and looked at Maxwell, panicked. "Something's coming!!"

Maxwell picked up a spear and hopped out of the tent, pointing it at whatever was coming. The twink stopped right in his tracks just before getting stabbed in the nose.

The paws of Hounds bashing against the dirt was heard soon enough, making Maxwell push the boy towards the tent and get ready to fight a bunch of hounds.

Wilson pulled him in and just let Maxwell do his thing. He started to look at any wounds he might have, starting with the arms and back.

Wes was a bit freaked out, but too tired to fight any. He just let the stranger feel around him. Wow, he had such nice and cold hands... It really felt nice against his sweaty back

"How do you feel?" Wilson asked, going up to his front, seeing the makeup. The mime had scratches and bite marks all over his body.

Wes held up a thumbs down, sighing with relief.

"Gosh... We're gonna help you. Don't worry. Let's just get you in bed..." He laid Wes down in an open sleeping bag, taking his shirt and pants off to relax. Wilson would sew any holes and clean the clothes in the morning.

Wes passed right out.

Maxwell opened up the tent with barely any scratches. "I took care of the hounds, how is our guest?" He asked

"Really injured... I didn't get his name but he is a mime."

"A mime?" Maxwell raised a brow, looking at him. "Oh no..."

"What's wrong?" Wilson asked. "Do you think there'll be more people coming?"

"No, it's just... I know him." He sighed, putting his heads in his hands. "He was annoying so I put him in a box. I guess Charlie set him free after finding him."

"You put him in a box??" Wilson crossed his arms, angry at Maxwell for doing such a thing.

"He was fine. He kept dying though, which wasn't fun at all so I just put him away."

Wilson was not happy. "You put him away like one of your pawns, huh? Just get out." Wilson was pushing him out of the tent

"What?? Why?"

"Because I'm sure he wouldn't want to see a face like yours when he wakes up. Go sleep in the other tent." He huffed, giving one final shove, which left Maxwell outside

Maxwell sighed, going into the other tent to sleep.