Chapter 3

The first snowflakes of winter had fallen not too long ago, and there was a considerable amount now on the ground. Wilson and Chester's only warmth was the fire and the Scientist's beard. Neither of them had left the base in quite some time. They were waiting for winter to end. Maxwell and Wilson had already gotten all of the supplies they would need for winter anyways. Wilson was confident he wouldn't have to leave.

Wilson pulled the sleeves of his undershirt down to keep warm, even if it didn't help much. Chester was curled up on Wilson's crossed legs, hiding from the snow in his beard. Now that winter had come and the only thing here to do was wait had finally settled in on Wilson. This was going to be a very boring season.

A little ways away, crunching from the snow could be heard. The crunching became faster and faster until there was a sort of sliding sound.

Wilson looked up and his eyes widened. "Maxwell?"

Maxwell looked relieved as he set down his backpack and sat down next to Wilson. He wore a large coat, it looked very warm. The coat matched Maxwell's suit and had fake fur around the collar.

"I've got a present for you." Maxwell opened up his back and took out a giant hat with beefalo horns. He placed it on Wilson's head and placed a second one on Chester's head.

"Man, and I thought Beefalo smelled bad on the outside..." Nevertheless, Wilson was warmer than before. But he was still a bit cold. He looked over at Maxwell and saw how warm he was.

"Where'd you get that coat?" Wilson asked, a bit jealous

"I've always had it. This is just one of the only times you've seen it o-" He was cut off by a Scientist climbing into his coat and making himself at home. "H-hey! What the hell?!"

Wilson was now much warmer. All it took was a bit of dignity! He sat in Max's lap and wrapped himself up in the coat. He took a quick deep breath and snuggled up to Maxwell. It was a bit uncomfortable but much better than freezing.

Maxwell had his hands up and a bit of a pink tint on his face. "Higgsbury, get out of my coat." He ordered. He was met with a resounding huff and a hug around his torso.

"Wilson! Out or I will force you out!" Maxwell's voice went deep and intimidating again.

Wilson poked his head out through the neck of the coat. "No." He said, and went back in.

Maxwell stood up to make him fall out of the coat but instead Wilson had clung onto him tightly and was hanging on like a koala.

"I'm not leaving the coat!" Wilson sang.

Chester started to try and jump on Maxwell. Max picked up Chester and set him on Wilson's head inside the coat.

"Fine! But you can leave at any time!" Maxwell then picked up a pickaxe with a smirk on his face and began making his way to the rocky biome.

It became quite a bit colder now that they were away from the fire. Wilson and Chester began to shiver a bit while Maxwell seemed just fine.

"How are you not shivering?" Wilson asked

"It might be that my soul is still frozen solid. This early snow doesn't compare to my merciless being." Maxwell smiled as he came upon a mini glacier. He started to mine it and had gotten some ice from it. Maxwell took some of the ice and put it on Wilson's back.

Wilson jumped out of the coat with Chester still on his head. "COLD COLD COLD!!" He got the ice off of him and then shivered some more. "Wh-wh-why would you d-d-do that?? I-i'm gonna f-freeze to death!"

Maxwell gave a small chuckle and let Chester hang out in his coat again. "You already have something to keep you warm. Use it." Maxwell started to walk back to camp. The sky was getting red again.