Please Read This.

I have come to my decision.

Starlight is officially discontinued.

However, I will give the benefit of giving you the ending. If you don't want to know how it ends, then just scroll to the bottom of the page as there is something I want you to read.

Anyways.

The track that everyone was headed down was for the Bad Ending. The votes were absolute staggering: 76 against 13. All of the ways that you continued to treat the characters would eventually send them down a path of almost selfish self sacrifice. What they wanted to have wasn't what they needed to have.

In short, the Bad Ending would end with Nightmare bonding with Nox again to save the multiverse by trapping them inside of his shell. However, this plan would backfire, and Nox would totally overwhelm positivity with negativity, draining the multiverse. Nightmare would have made a pact, however, and Nox would have been unable to harm (Y/N), (N/N), or Dream. Dream and (Y/N) would retreat to the world where Quetzalcoatl once lived, and they would stay there until (Y/N) passed away. (N/N) would track down Nightmare, where they would commit a double suicide to release the multiverse from Nox's grasp forever.

The Good Ending—the ending indicated by blue hearts—would have Nightmare regaining confidence in himself and in (N/N) and finally fighting Nox. With the help of Dream and (Y/N), they'd all seal away Nox once and for all. Once that was finished (Y/N) and (N/N) would get the wonderful idea of becoming the new guardians of Life (taking the job of Quetzalcoatl), making themselves also immortal. Dream would get married to (Y/N), Nightmare would get married to (N/N). The story would actually have ended with (Y/N) naming Quetzalcoatl's universe Starlight, which I think would have been a nice touch.

I am so, so glad that everyone stuck with me throughout this crazy ride. I started this series—what, about three years ago? And even then, I had no idea it was going to come this far. I had no idea that I could get so invested in (Y/N) and (N/N).

While I do feel great guilt for ending this book early, I also feel... relieved. It feels like a giant weight has been lifted off of my chest, like I have one fewer problems to deal with. It feels good to let go.

I am just so happy that I made so many people happy.

But now, I'm going to make people happy in different ways. In different books.

Here is a link that will take you to a poll—this poll will help me decide what to write next.

https://forms.gle/JE3Fi2Y8NSHST2b79

Finally, dedications.

I dedicate this book especially to TeardropBlue, who makes lots of Dreamtale Oneshots. I also dedicate it to JosephDesau1nier & Alaradragonlover who have been wonderful readers through and through.

And you. You, my dearest reader, for reading this work.

We've never met—we probably never will—but I hope that you will be happy.

Drink your water, live your life, keep your eyes & ears open at all times, and stay alive.

Thank you.

Your writer in crime,

-soulshardz-