{Chapter 8: Planning}

I just realized that I spelled 'procrastination' wrong

I just realized that I spelled 'procrastination' wrong. I am pissed.

🧡

You folded your hands on the table, resting your head on your fingertips. "So what you're saying," You muttered, clearly pissed, "Is that this... Quetzalcoatl—or whatever the heck their name is—basically died."

Dream nodded, rubbing his arms. He still remembered reaching out into their body while they were clashing and feeling a sheer emptiness. It was like a black hole, eating up every single positive feeling he had tried to send towards them. "Yes. I believe that their body was an empty husk. A shell." He shivered.

(Y/N) piped up, "Yeah. They were really straightforward with their words. The last time I saw them they looked nothing like that. Quetzalcoatl looked like a mostly normal person, if you want to call someone with opal hair normal. When we saw them again, they were like a puppet." (Y/N) also shivered, pulling their (F/C) sweater even closer around them. You rolled your eyes. Pathetic.

You moved your hands to your temples, massaging them as if you could just press all of the confusion out. "A shell," you parroted mindlessly form earlier. "Sorry, but I have like the worst fricking headache right now. It feels like someone's prodding against my head with a cold rod."

Dream leaned forward in his seat, (Y/N) mimicking the motion. "Like someone's prodding your head?" He asked, eyes sparking. "Like... Like someone's trying to get in?"

"I guess you could say that."

He leaned back, pressing his fingers together and pouting in thought. (Y/N) couldn't help but smile at his adorable face, though you thought that it was just confusing and weird. Then he snapped up and said firmly, "Go to sleep."

You barked out a laugh, making (Y/N) jump in their seat and making you laugh even harder. "Go—Go to sleep!?" You giggled hysterically. "What the f—"

"Just... Just trust me on this one, alright (N/N)?" Dream asked. For some reason he looked very, very tired. But behind all of that sleepiness, you saw something else blazing like a wildfire. Hope. He was hoping for something. "Here. We'll come with you."

You raised an eyebrow playfully, a side of your lips curling up. "You two are going to join me? In bed? Sounds like... fun."

(Y/N) paled before turning beet red and looking away. "It's not like that!" They shouted, obviously and hilariously embarrassed and flustered. You were gasping for breath at this point, already weak from laughing earlier. The prodding against your mind must have been making you hysteric.

"Let's just get you into a bed," Dream sighed, though his cheeks were as yellow as a summer sun. "I'll explain then."

Obediently you allowed him to guide you back into your room. The (F/C) sheet were a little wrinkled from earlier that day, but you honestly didn't care right now. What mattered right now was that you were going to get some well-deserved sleep.