Chapter 8: Need For Megan

He stopped recording and laid his phone beside my iPod on the coffee table. "Do you mind?" He said as he took the script out of my hands, brushing his fingers against mine as he did. He started looking through the pages and stopped not so far down. "How about this one?" He showed me the script and my eyes landed on a scene I knew oh too well.

"Sure"

We both moved in synch as we made the scenario of his car while sitting on the couch. We were sitting facing the wall in front of us, our bodies separated by only the open script. I was suppose to be reading my research and looking behind us nervously but, sense I didn't had any of those props with me, I decided to wait for him to say his opening line.

"You seem nervous. Is it me?" I knew that was the line but, it felt like it had some kind of double meaning. Damn this man, his acting skills and what they do to me!

"You think he's following us?"

"Kai? Oh I know he's following us. Got anything in there that we don't already know?"

"That depends. What do you know?"

He then explained everything about Kai and the Coven. The merging and the imprisoning. Told me about the ascendent and what they need the spell and the Bennett blood for. I bet this was going to be some kind of flashback sequence.

"Yeah that's seems to be all I got so far"

"Great. We got yet another useless witch."

I glared at him. "You seem to speak in plural a lot. Who are these other people?" He seemed to be contemplating on wether or not to tell me.

"We're gonna be in this car for a while anyways. Might as well." I repositioned myself to be facing him. He sighed "For starters, there's my vampire brother. His vampire 'friend'" meaning Caroline "her werewolf ex. His witch new girlfriend. Her twin brother. Their witch doctor of a sister, literately. Her, now, human boyfriend. Bonnie's lost puppy and his sister." He gave the monologue that Damon spike that only he could add.

"Too many connections to remember. Forget it" I said. He smirked at me and returned his eyes on 'the road'. "But where exactly do you fit the picture?"

"What do you mean?"

"So far all you've said is how these people are related to each other but, what is your connection to any of them other than your brother?"

"You'll figure it out."

"Or I can guess." He gave an annoyed look to the wall as a proceeded "First of all, this 'friend' of your brother's? I'm sure you slept with her. Maybe wanted to kill her ex at some point. If you did that to his present 'friend', what could you've done with the ones that came before? I say, you got in the middle of one of his relationships, she choose you but, when she thought you were dead, she moved on. And, ultimately, you've either tried, or succeed on killing every one of them" I was pretty proud of being able to say that monologue fluently. But I wasn't expecting Ian to smile, definitely out of character. Which he did. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No." He said. "Everything's right. Everything's too right." He said, his face now becoming serious. "Remind me why you are not a real actress again." He said.

"Well, is not like I haven't been trying" I answered after laughing a bit. He smiled at me.

"Well, I think we got that scene down." He said while recollecting the script between us, his hand touching my outer thigh as he did so. "How 'bout we do another one?"

We haven't finished that scene yet. He had to say something about me getting that right. Even the he-getting-into-his-brother's-relationship part. We had to talk about Elena and him, say it didn't worked, but that he was over it. But I shrugged it off. "Fine for me"