Long Night

Brittany's POV:
Patrick and I just welcomed our baby girl Ellie she's three weeks old and man is this parenting thing difficult. "Hey babe can you bring me up her blanket!" I yell down to Pat. "Yeah let me finish turning things off down here!" he yells up the stairs to me. "Ok here love." he says giving Ellie a big kiss taking her from my arms. "You think she will let us sleep tonight?" I ask him while he's bouncing her to help her fall asleep. "Not sure I really hope she does." he says we both laugh hoping she will. Having a three week old is very difficult we're trying our best get her on some kind of sleeping schedule, but it's a struggle at the moment. "She's out for now." Pat says slowly placing her in her crib. "She looks so comfy." I say in awe just admiring our baby girl. "She really dose I can't believe we made that." Pat says coming up and hugging me from behind, I smile up at him kissing him. "Let's try to get some sleep babe." He says I nod.
Few hours later...
Patrick's POV:
At four am I woke up to hear Ellie screaming and crying. Britt tries to get I stop her "Babe it's ok I got her." I say kissing her on the fore head and she tries to falls back to sleep. I walk to the corner of our room where she is sleeping until she's ready for the nursery. "Hey hey honey what's wrong?" I say as I pick her up and cradle her in my arms as she still screaming bloody murder. I give her soft kissing on her cheeks and fore head knowing that clams her down, but it wasn't working tonight and she wasn't giving up, so I took her down stairs so Britt could get some sleep. "Alright baby girl what's wrong?!" I say getting frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to help my daughter. She continued to cry not as hard as earlier, but more like soft whimpers now. I've done everything bounced her, tried to feed her, and see if she needed a dipper change, soothing her. Nothing worked. I checked the clock "4:25." I sighed. "ok let's try this." I went up to tell Britt we're going to go for a ride around the block she nodded asking if I needed her to come. I shook my head "Stay her love it's ok I got her it will be good bonding." I say with a smile and Britt smiles back saying " Ok be back soon."
"Alright baby let's go for a ride!" Her crying and screaming had stopped, but she wouldn't fall asleep it's past five now. I put her in her car seat and get the car started, as soon as I drove around the block she was out, finally, It felt so good to understand what she needed and I love spending time with her even if it's when we're both uncomfortable, this time will always be a precious time.

Been a while whoops, but I hope everyone is doing great!✨