《 Chapter Nine 》

My dreams and visions whether a curse or a blessing had always been there. When I had been a Jedi, I had been unable to act on many of them. That is why my mother died, and why Padme would have too. Tonight, I had had another vision, and this one led me to a point of no return.

In the vision, I was battling two Jedi, a girl, and a boy. They were powerful, too powerful. And though I would have been able to defeat either one of them individually, fighting together I was barely holding my ground. I couldn't see their faces, because I was more focused on fighting them, and would only get a glimpse before I was lunged at again. Finally, they had me cornered. Two lightsabers pointed at me, and mine in the boy's hand, though not ignited. That was when I caught a glimpse of their faces. I had never seen them before, and it took me a second, but then I caught a glimpse of the boy's eyes. He had Skywalkers eyes, and the girl, she had Padme's. The similarities didn't end there, and I had no doubt who these Jedi were. I used the force to return my lightsaber to my hand, and just as I did, the girl stabbed her blade right through my chest.

Then, I had woken up, and the vision had ended. But now I knew that somehow, Skywalkers children would grow up to be Jedi and would defeat me. I couldn't let that happen. I knew what I had to do. I would have to kill them before they could fulfill my vision. I also knew that if I did, Padme would never forgive me.

I laid back in bed, and tried to go back to sleep. In the morning, I would do what needed to be done.

I had screamed when I saw the figure, and they turned around at my cry, letting me see their face. It was Vader. Why was he here? Then I my blood ran cold as I saw the lightsaber he was gripping in his hand. Without a second of hesitation, I lunged at him.

     I opened the door to the room the children were in, they were sleeping currently. I looked down at them, and it was the first time I had ever really looked at them. They were so small and helpless. For a second, I completely forgot about what I had come in there to do. I just looked at them. The offspring of the woman I had loved, and the man I had destroyed.

     They might be helpless now, but they wouldnt stay that way. It was me or them, now or never. My hesitation would mean signing my own life, and empire, and everything I had lost everything to build, away. I took my lightsaber from my belt, and ignited it, ready to strike. I held it in the air, and channeled all my anger. But at that second the girl opened her eyes, and looked up at me. And just like that the small peice of Skywalker which I had buried deep down crawled up to the surface, and drained all the anger away, and the realization of the situation stabbed me in the heart. My trembling hand fell to my side, and my blade disappeared.

     I couldn't kill them, she had Padme's eyes, I couldnt kill a peice of her. Yes I could, I was a Sith lord! I readied my lightsaber again. But couldnt do it. Just then I heard a blood curdling scream. And turned my head around. Padme. I froze, she did as well, until her eyes surficed on the lightsaber in my hand. Then, before react, she lunged at me at full force, knocking me to the ground.

     "You heartless monster! You would hurt your own children!" I screamed, knocking his lightsaber out of his hand, after I had knocked him to the floor. "I won't let you, I'll die before you lay a finger on them!" He pushed me off of himself, and I hit the ground. Landing near where the lightsaber had landed. I grabbed it off the floor and pushed myself up. I then ignites the blade and crimson light filled the small room. I pointed it at Vader.

     "Padme, put the saber down."

     "They're helpless babies, and you're their father!" Tears filled my eyes and spilled down my cheeks.

     "Skywalker was their father, not I. Now put the saber down."

     "I wont let you hurt them!" I pointed the saber directly at him.

     "You wont hurt me Padme, you want to, but you can't, because you remember who I used to be."

      "If you lay a finger on my children I will."

     "No, you won't. You are just like Skywalker was, weak." He held out his hand, and the lightsaber flew from my grasp. He deignitated it, and attached it back to his belt. "However, apparently, you are not as weak as you have led on. Why is that? You thought you could escape from my medical facility easier than my private chambers, didnt you? So you faked a slow recovery, and planned an escape. However, I got in the way, didnt I?"  He asked, he was right.

     "Dont change the subject. Why would you hurt Luke and Leia? They're babies!"

     "Luke and Leia, are those the names you decided on? I didnt hurt them, yet, they will still need to be delt with. As will you now that you have apparently, recovered instantaneously."

    "I won't let you touch them!"

     "You have no say in the matter, remember, you are a prisoner." He laused, then, continued in a different tone. "But you dont have to be. Padme, my offer still stands. We can rule the galaxy together as Emperor and Empress. We can be happy, and live the life you always wanted."

     "This is not what I wanted, and I dont want a life with you! I want my husband back."

     "The offer will always be there." He  then summoned two troopers who grabbed my arms and began to lead me away. I struggled, and yelled, not wanting to leave Vader alone with my children, but it didn't help. When the door shut behind us, I wondered if I'd ever see Luke or Leia again.