Chapter 11

Violets pov

It was now morning, I could tell by the slight lightness outside it was early, but morning nonetheless. I decided to stay in bed, why wake when there seemed to be no imminent need to? I looked around the bedroom I was given, I hadn't taken in how elegantly decorated the room was in dark wooden tones, it was quite beautiful. As my eyes glanced around I saw a clock on the far wall, if i was correct I read it out to be quarter past 5.

Id always been a morning person, I don't know what it was but I cherished the peace and quiet the early hours of the morning brought. It probably had to do with the fact that my father would still be asleep this early and I'd be able to peacefully make my way out of the house before he woke, most days at least. Some I'd be careless and awaken him in all his raged glory. Thinking about my father sent a pang if hurt through my chest.

Ever since my mother had passed my father had become a stone cold monster, I don't know what possessed him to act as such. I knew better than to ask though, knowing it would earn me a bitter beating, around him I stayed quiet and endured whatever was thrown at me. It hardened me to some extent I guess, I did not trust easily what so ever. I have always been wary of others which is why this whole situation seemed to startle me.

I had felt to safe and at ease around Ethan, I couldn't quite wrap my head around it.

Scratch that. Was I insane? I have practically no idea where I am or who these people are. Come to think of it maybe they're sadists who kidnapped me and I'm just delirious and suffering from Stockholm syndrome. This thought sent me into a wild panicked frenzy.

How could I be so naive? Am I dumb? I need to keep my guard up and get some answers. Granted I had been treated with the upmost respect and kindness I couldn't help but think this was all a ruse.

An abrupt knock at my door startled me out of my thoughts, I glanced at my clock and it was now 7, time seemed to just fly by so easily. I warily made my way to the door remembering my what was probably disheveled appearance.

"Hi! My name is Nina I was sent to ask if you'd like to come to breakfast"

The girl at my door seemed to be rather alert and energetic at this hour. She was beyond beautiful, everyone here that I had encountered thus far seemed to have some god-like genetics. She has long brown wavy hair that glistened, her skin was fair, eyes bright green and her slim yet toned physique truly made her all in all gorgeous.

"Sure" was my short response, I didn't know what else to say, I felt somewhat uneasy but still very welcomed?

We made our way down the enormous spiral staircase. Going back up these steps were definitely not going to be fun.

We quickly arrived at what seemed like some sort of dining hall with a gorgeous white marble kitchen at one end. No one else was here but I could smell the delicious aromas of bacon and eggs.

I was starving, come to think of it I'm not sure when I last ate. I guess there were more pressing matters as of now.

Nina left me on my own accord and as soon as she left Ethan rounded the corner. I lowered my gaze instinctively as a blush exploded across my cheeks.

'Hey,' he softly approached me 'how did you sleep' he asked.

Feeling shy I responded with a quiet 'good,'

'Im glad to hear that. I was wondering if I could introduce you to my brother later this afternoon if you feel up to it of course.'

I quickly muttered an of course  under my breath. I didn't mind but also I don't think I had much choice. I was after all staying in his home? I thought at least.

We sat and ate in a comfortable silence. I think he could tell I didn't want to chat much for which I was thankful. I could however feel his burning gaze throughout our meal.

A yawn suddenly escaped my lips. I just woke up but seemed to still be exhausted. 'Are you tired? Do you want to rest?'

I was thankful he picked up on that I did want to try getting some more rest but also I needed some time on my own.

I quickly nodded yes and he walked me back to the room I'd stayed in last night and left with a promise to return later and show me around if I felt up to it  to which I happily obliged. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

Hi! So yes I updated after what 2 years?
Im sure theres lots of plot holes in this story and it's quite poorly written yet so many of you seem to still enjoy it, but worry not Im going to fix her up! I thought I'd put out a quick update and in the next week I'm going to try to edit all the previous chapters and hopefully pick up the story in a much more consistent and cohesive manner. I do have a few exams this week but I'll be done by next Tuesday so next chapter should be up by then! I'm so excited to pick up where I left off with this book and hope you all enjoy it as well🥺