Twelve

The fireplace was glowing bright into the big room. Silence had taken over the whole house— the fire and the conversation between the two men being the only thing that kept them sane. The fire was bigger than what they usually had and it made the room cozy. Cozy enough for Taehyung and Yoongi to just spread out on the rug next to the couch, their heads laying next to each other but their body's laying in separate directions. It was cozy.

Their heads brush together if they move in a certain way as they try to explain something they're talking about. Yoongi expresses things he talks about with his hands just as much as Taehyung does. They noticed that, but they never said anything about it. Yoongi seems to have lots more to talk about, so Taehyung just sits there and listens like he's made to do so.

"What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?" Taehyung suddenly asks.

Yoongi grimaces as he stares at the ceiling. He's done a lot of embarrassing things— not counting the things that other people did to him on purpose. He could talk about his embarrassment from his bullies for days.

Not including those memories?

There's one time in middle school where he tripped over his own shoe in gym (all because he had let his shoelace come undone). He wanted to outrun the stupid boys who used to make fun of him all the time. He really would've done it if it weren't for the shoes. Yoongi can really run fast if he wants to.

There's another time where he fell asleep in class (in high school) and nobody had woken him up, so the most popular girl in school literally poked at him and screeched like a bird because he was in her seat. Turns out that he slept through lunch that day as well. He ended up just skipping school for the rest of the day and he wrote in his journal at his usual spot at the park. His spot at his tree. He carved his name into that tree every day. Same spot so that it would never disappear.

He hasn't seen that tree in years.

Or maybe the most embarrassing thing he's done is letting himself fall in love with someone completely out of this world. He was stupid to ever let himself do that. He embarrassed himself plenty of times over past relationships and stupid feelings.

He's not mad at love. Just at himself.

Mad at himself for letting people take over him and treat him like he's just a body. Like all he's good for is sex and nothing more.

The silence in the room right now was killing both Yoongi and Taehyung. Taehyung is a patient guy. He could sit here for forever, but he couldn't stand the loud silence— if that even makes any sense.

"My whole life is pretty embarrassing." Yoongi simply said. "I'm a journalist, but I could possibly write a whole book on my life. I'm sure people can relate to my stupidness."

Taehyung could finally breathe. The room was getting a little awkward as Yoongi went quiet.

"Embarrassment has nothing to do with stupidity." He chuckled. "Things are only embarrassing if you find them embarrassing. I once had to dress up in a cheerleading outfit in front of the whole school. I treated that role like I was a model. Embarrassed? Never. It's all in your head, hyung." He reached his arm behind his head to pat Yoongi's head.

Yoongi giggled at the thought of Taehyung in a cheerleader outfit. Him? Seriously?

"You must've been popular in school." Yoongi chuckled. "Did you have pom-poms, too?"

In fact, Taehyung actually did have some.

"Yep. Green with some white thrown into them. It was actually not so bad. I cheered my heart out that day." He suddenly stood up and clapped loudly. Yoongi lifted himself up to sit and turned to look up at the younger.