Poor Little Rich Girl: 19

"Hello Mother." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Adalynn Prescott." She scolded. "I can't believe you would do this to your family, specially since we have just gotten your father out of his mess-" She continue talking as Melissa stood up and left the room.

I wasn't really paying any attention to her. I just stared blanky at the wall waiting for her to finish her rant at me. It's not like I haven't heard it all before anyway.

"-able! I am bringing you home right now young lady." Young lady? Wait, what?

"What?" I practically shouted.

"You heard me. I won't have you disgrace this family any more." She hung up the phone. Disgrace? Was I really that bad? Nothing I did ever seemed to be right.

As I was just staring at the phone on the table infront of my Reese came through the kitchen nearly slamming the door. It made me jump and I looked up at him confused. He seemed to holt for a moment when he looked at me but I shook it off.

"You." He said pointing his finger at me.

"What?" I asked still in a daze.

"This is all your fault. It makes so much sense now." He said frustrated with himself. He pulled at his hair and and paced the kitchen before slamming his hands down on the table. "I fell for it again." He muttered to himself before turning to me.

"Reese-"

"No, no, no." He said through gritted teeth. I stood up scared and confused. "She told me everything."

"What, who?" I asked keeping the distance between us, I'd never seen him this angry before.

"Carrie." He said hitting the table making me jump back. "About how you using me for just another story, how you feel sorry for me and how you and her hate each other and are always trying to bring the other one down."

"I guess thats where I come in." He said shaking his head. "You knew Carrie and I dated, thats why your here really isn't it? Because you knew it'd annoy Carrie, not because you had a family crisis. God, and I actually thought a part of you cared."

"It's not like-"

"Don't give me that shit." He interrupted me. "I told you what she did and you go and do worse! I just, I can't-" He stopped himself and took a deep breath.

I stood frozen to where I was. My mind was going crazy, everything was racing to catch me up and I was about to break, for the first time in ages, I was going to break. Sure I cry all the time but this was going to be different.

I realised now that my parents are never going to love me the way I want them to. They will never be around for christmas or my birthday. No matter how much I try to get their attention, it is never going to work.

Then Carrie, well, she finally succeed. She can have whatever she wants, I give up. I don't want this life anymore, all it does is bring me misery. Maybe I should go live with my granparents in England.

Reese. Where do I even start, at first I couldn't stand the guy but underneath it all, he's like the perfect guy, soft, caring. To think I was starting to fall for him and then he goes and believes the lies that Carrie, out of all people, tell him without listening to what I have to say.

I can't do it anymore. I'm tired of being the girl everyone wants me to be.

"I really started to like you, I mean really like you Adalynn." He said moving so he was only arms length away from me. "I don't understand your world, clearly but what you did was plain nasty. Your just as bad as they rest of them, you made me feel like a fool. I didn't think you'd scoop so low." He shook his head in disgust and started to walk away.

"I really didn't think you'd be so stupid." I shouted after him making him stop in his tracks. "Do you really think that of me?" I asked so angry that tears were starting to form. "After everything I told you, nothing I said was a lie. And now you believe Carrie? The one who broke your heart and never cared about you?

"News flash, if I wanted to take her down I would have down it already and it wouldn't have involved you. I thought that for the first time someone actually liked me for who I am, so I let my walls down. Don't you see, Carrie has always wanted my life.

"And I'd happily hand it over to her...if I had a choice. My parents don't let me have a say in anything, I've had to go to extremes length to get their attention and it was never enough. I'll never be enough Reese and that's something I've come to accept. I'm not good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, smart enough....don't you think I don't already know this from my parents?!" I wiped my tears anyway annoyed.

"I give up. I give it all up. I don't care anymore. I'm sorry that I made you feel like a fool, really I am. But, maybe this is for the best anyway." I left through the living room before he could turn and say anything else to me.

Carrie was stood in the middle of the room, arms crossed with a smug smile on her face.

"Congratulations, you won. You ruined my life and taken the only good thing I had away from me. All you had to do was ask. I would have given you everything in a heart beat." I said before going up stairs and packing whatever I needed. I left my clothes, as promised and just took my phone, purse and bits of make-up.

Fiona was with Martha outside when I came storming out the house.

"Adalynn, what happened?" She asked seeing me with tear stained cheeks.

"She won." I said. "I'm going to England. I can't do it anymore." I said to Fiona who nodded.

"Ok, I'll cover for you until you land." She said hugging me tightly.

"Really?" I asked.

"I know this is hard for you and I think its a good idea to get away from everything for a while." I looked over and Martha who was stood confused. "I'll fill her in." Fiona whispered.

"Thank you." She really was a real friend. "Thank you Martha." I said hugging her. "You have no idea how much this meant to me, you've taught me so much and you've been more like a mother to me then my own mum. I can't thank you enough."

"It was my pleasure child. You don't have to leave you know." She said smiling.

"I do but thank you." I said.

"You're a good person. Remember that." She said and I nodded before walking the ten minute walk to the airport.