His Name's Robert

I stare at the man in front of me like a deer caught in headlights, way to go Julia, this man could be some axe murderer or some weirdo who collects dolls- and you go barging into his house over a gnome.

Wait-did he just semi-flirt with me?

“Okay, I have no clue who you are and I know you have no clue who I am, but I just stole this crazy dudes gnome and he is after me right now, and I will not let him take Robert- he’s mine now. So could you let me stay for like just ten more minutes and then I promise I’ll leave I swear I'm not a murderer or anything and if you are can you tell me now so we can avoid confrontation in the future?” I word blabber out, bouncing on my heel in panic- his hazel eyes starring at Robert and I In amusement. 

        A smirk forms on his face. “Okay, why did you steal his gnome in the first place? Who’s Robert? and why shouldn’t I just kick you out right now?" He questions, moving his arms to fold against his chest making his muscles tighten. The crackling of a fire hits my ears so I flicker my eyes to the fire place formed out of stones in the corner, the warmth radiating in the air. 

        "I stole his gnome because my sister couldn't keep her crusty legs shut and he couldn't keep his Willy Wonka  in the Wonka wrapper. Robert is the name of this beautiful gnome right here," I pat Robert on his glass head for effect. "And you shouldn't kick me out right now because I am a nice human being and if you kick me out then he'll get me and I'll die and if I die what would happen to my future kids? Plus, Christmas is tomorrow and Santa is watching- so." I trail off, connecting my gaze with his.

He lifts a blonde eyebrow in response.

        "TouchéI certaintly can't disappoint the one and only Santa Clause by throwng this random girl out of my home." He clicks his tongue, unfolding his arms from his chest- His eyes moving up and down my body, landing on Robert. "I don't like the way you're looking at Robert." I say as I move some of my red hair behind my hear. Goosebumps rise on my body when I see his plump pink full lips turn into a toothy grin, his white teeth shining and the corners of his eyes crinkiling. 

        "I think I don't like the way Robert is looking at me either." He decides, shooting a judging eye at Robert, some of his blonde hair falls infront of his eye- making him left a hand to move it out of the way, but never breaking his stare with me.

        I open my mouth to say something but he cuts me off. "Okay, Sit down." He chides, his voice suddenly serious. I turn my head slightly out of confusion. "What?"

"Sit. Down." 

        I glance at the brown couch leaning against the wall by the fire place. "Chill." I mumble to myself, my heart racing as I set my feet to move aginst the hardwood floor and to the couch. I feel his eyes on me watching every move I make making my body feel like jell-o. I set my butt down onto the plump couch, my body slightly sinking into the warm frabic, this is a really comfy couch I'm not gonna lie. I set Robert on my lap and lean against the arm rest- moving my legs to curl up beside me. 

        Mr. Bipolar folds his arms against his chest again, his muscles buldging and his eyes now taking on a more curious glint. He sets his feet to the hardwood like me, the wood creaking under his big feet as he walks to face the couch- to face me. 

"What's the guys name who's after you?" He questions suddenly. "Wait- You're not gonna kick me out?" I blurt out suprised- if some crazy chick just bursted in my home and started talking about a gnome I'd yank that girl out of the window. 

        "No, Santa is watching." He replies to me like I just asked the dumbest question ever. "I also am only helping you because it's not every day some random girl throws herself in my home in the middle of the night, and you're very trusting- which is very dangerous."