Apologies

"Holy shit." I gasp out on my knees, my hands pressed against the grass. Crazy werewolf. Knife. Emory. Grizzly bear.

I pass out.

~*~

"You need to calm down." I hear a faint voice say, sounding like a child.

"How the hell do you expect me to calm down? She almost died. I wasn't there to protect her."

"I was. She's fine now."

"It's my fault."

I groan out, my head pounding. I open my eyes and see I'm in my bedroom. My eyes connect with Beau's. His hair is everywhere- probably been running his hands through it. His eyes are full of worry, and his fists are clenched. Right when we connect gazes he relaxes.

He sits down on my bed beside me, pushing my head back from my forehead. "Are you okay?" He asks quickly, scanning my whole face. I swat his hands away, "I'm fine."

I look at Emory, standing in the corner of my room. He's in the same form as he was in the woods after he changed out of the raven. A little boy covered in leaves and vines. I give him a small smile. "Thank you."

Beau grabs onto my upper body and shifts himself under me, my body between his legs, head on his chest. I sink into him, the heat from his body comforting me. "I'll never let that happen again." Beau mumbles, feeling my forehead.

"It's not your fault. He was crazy, Beau." I assure him, grabbing onto his hand and grasping it into mine.

Emory sits at the end of my bed. His ocean blue eyes stare at me with concern. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you faster. Grizzly bears take a while to change into." He lays a hand on my leg, but removes it when Beau shoots him a look.

"It's okay. What happened to the body?"

"I ate it." Emory replies. My eyes widen for a second, but I just shake it off.

"His name was Matthew Sams, he hated me right when I got here." Beau speaks up.

"Why?" Emory and I say in unison.

"Because I wouldn't join the pack that lived here. Wolves tend not to like rogues, they think they're savages."

"Explains a lot." I mumble to myself, earning a glare.

"So what are we going to do when cops start asking questions about his disappearance?" I ask, sitting up in Beau's lap.

"Every cop around here is in Matthew's pack. When a wolf in your pack dies, you feel it; and you see how it happened. It's a curse and a blessing sometimes. Right when Emory ripped him into shreds, the events that lead up to that point played in everyones heads like a movie." Beau explains.

"That's good right? So they know that he tried to kill me and that Emory saved me." I look between Beau and Emory, anticipating the answer.

"Some wolves in the pack will understand and will leave you alone, hold a funeral for him, yadda yadda yadda. Some wolves though, won't care. They will be angry and bitter, and we don't know who it will be or who will come take our their anger." Beau connects gazes with me. "On you."

I groan, putting my head into my hands. "My life sucks." I mutter. "What's the name of their pack?" I ask.

"They're called, 'Luna's awakening.'" Beau responds.

"You'll be fine, I'll protect you." Emory soothes me. "So will I." Beau adds, rubbing my back.

"I trust you guys." I sigh out. "This is gonna be one hell of a week."