KIM NAMJOON

Y/n is working as a surgeon in Seoul National hospital for almost 6 years now.

Since yesterday Namjoon has been extra happy because this was the first birthday he was celebrating with his wife. But things took a turn. Y/n planned a lot for his birthday, she wanted to surprise him right at 12 am but she got a call from the hospital for an emergency surgery. She didn't want to deny because a life was at stake she couldn't be unbothered.

Namjoon was sound asleep on her lap as she tried her best to not disturb him while getting up. She placed a pillow under his head as he stirred around a bit. She quickly got dressed and took her required necessities. She placed a kiss on his forehead before making her way to the hospital.

----- At 4:00 pm -----

Y/n was almost about to cry. The patient who she had to save just passed away. This was the first time her surgery has failed, it wasn't her fault but she couldn't stop feeling guilty. Maybe she could've saved him. She walked passed his family who were in tears, she couldn't bare looking at them, their loss is big.

She let out a deep breath before going back to her room to finish a few procedures. She was worn out by the time she was done. It was getting stressful everyday.

She drove her car back to the house hoping to find some peace. The hospital atmosphere is haunting her.
As Y/n entered she could hear the noise coming from the TV, it was too loud that the neighbors might get disturbed.
She removed her shoes and walked in to find sprawled out chips packets and chocolate wrappers. Namjoon was laying on the couch wearing his pyjamas.

"Hey baby" she muttered hoping that he would comfort her at this state. The only thing she needed right now was his comfort. But instead all she got was a scoff. Then it hit her, it's his birthday and it's almost over now. Shit, she felt so stupid.

She sat herself beside him and threw her arms around his neck only to be harshly pushed away. He stood up as she spoke
"Joonie, I'm sorry"
"Don't worry Y/n, it's not like you care anyway" he stuffed his hand in his pocket.
"I swear it was an emergency, and the patient didn't--"
"Save it Y/n I understand your work is more important than me" he walked away
"I didn't---- Joon please" her shoulders slouched down as tears were fighting to flow down.

She was strong, she didn't want to cry. She already had a bad day and crying now would make it worse.
She went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water gulping it all down in one go. She slowly made her way to their room.

Namjoon was laying on his side of the bed tucked half into the sheets. Y/n layed down as her heart was giving her a weird feeling.
She tossed around the bed trying to find a comfortable position. She always hugs him while sleeping, this was just weird, alone and cold.
She could tell that he wasn't asleep as well.

"Joonie I'm really sorry"
He didn't respond even though he heard.
"Can I please hug you, I-I can't sleep" she tried her best to not cry.

"Can you just leave me alone Y/n for god's sake" he said as he turned around to the other side.
Y/n lost it at that moment, she couldn't take this cold treatment. She cried trying not to make a noise. It just seems impossible to control her sobs. She felt lonely.

"Y/n ---"
"I'm sorry for disturbing you" she cried as she quickly got up from her position and ran outside. Namjoon didn't notice until he saw her run out, he sat up in his bed wondering if it was really happening. Guilt flushed over his body, did he just make her cry ?

Y/n sat on the couch trying to catch her breath. She pulled her knees up to her chest and stuffed her face between them.
She then heard footsteps approaching her, she stopped her cries trying to not show it out.
"Y/n baby" she felt a hand press to her shoulder.
She rubbed her face on her sleeve trying to get rid of the tears. He sat down beside her placing his arm around her small frame.
"Are you ---" he removes her arms to find her tear stained face. She sniffled back a little and acted normal.
"Baby I didn't want to-----"
"It's okay Namjoon, I'm the one who should be sorry" she laughed through her pain which hurted him a lot. He didn't want her to hide her feelings to him, but yet here she was sitting out alone, crying.

"You don't always have to act strong you know" he said as she couldn't control anymore, she broke down crying leaning her head back on the couch.
Namjoon wrapped his arms around her pulling her towards him to let her cry on his chest. He was very hurt, this was the first time he has seen her cry like this, she was very strong, she doesn't cry a lot.

He rubbed his hand in her back as he placed multiple kisses on her forehead mumbling.
"It's okay baby"
He could hear her soft sobs as he tried to calm her down. He knew he was the one who messed up.
"Baby I'm sorry for not thinking about your feelings, I'm a bad husband for not being there for you"
Y/n lifted her head up to see his face full of guilt.
"Tell me baby, what happened" he kissed her cheek
"I had to do an emergency surgery today a-and h-he didn't make it. It was my fault Joon" she cried holding a fist onto his t-shirt. He could understand how much of stress she must be going through right now.

"Shh baby no. Look at me, it isn't your fault"
"I-I can't. I feel lonely Joon. I-I ------" he tightened his grip around her.
"I'm here baby, I'm always here. I'm your husband, please tell me everything baby" he placed his lips on her forehead. She nuzzled her head on the crook of his neck as her arms wrapped around his waist.
"Happy birthday Joonie" she mumbled into his neck as she was almost asleep
"Late, but thanks" he giggled kissing her neck.