Chapter 4: Open Book

My mind was a mix of emotions: surprise, confusion, hurt, anger, more hurt. Did he not just call me perfect? Was that all in my head? I wouldn't be surprised, it was to good to be true. It was hard to believe that my mind even made up the feeling of his warm arms around me. He couldn't like me, it just was not possible. His face was probably contorting into an expression of disgust because he finally realized that kissing me was a mistake. I thought it was irritation, but I was wrong.

"Hey Meg," I heard Anna call from the doorway. I turned around to see her, a crease of worry on her flawless face. She noticed my tear-stricken face and came over to comfort me. She hugged me close.

"I don't understand what just happened, why anything happens really. Let's just say I feel like crap,"

"Connor did just run after Aaron. He seemed a little off..." She mused.

"What happened?" I asked, concerned. My previous thoughts came back to mind.

"Let's just say he looked pretty annoyed, kind of angry," she said, then suddenly narrowed her eyes at me, "What did you do Meg, and if you broke his heart, I love you and all but Aaron and Connor are best friends and I don't want to have Connor mad at you because then he'll be mad at me too," she started ranting.

"Break his heart? But? Why? How? What in the name of h-e-double-hockey-sticks are you talking about?" I was practically in hysterics, "I can't break his heart, he doesn't even like me, I saw the look on his face he was mad at me for kissing him, being to emotional, and I, he, UGH!"

"What do you mean Meg? He is jealous!"

"Jealous of what? What is there to be jealous of? My looks" I said sarcastically. Here we go again.

"Number one, you are really pretty so shut up," she said for the billionth time.

"Says the most beautiful person on the face of the earth,"

"Hardly, second, he likes you. No matter how many times I tell you, you don't believe me. Why else would he break up with erin. He only dated her in order to get close to you smarty-pants. If it wasn't for your stupid dad and your stuck-up infuriating grandmother that has no idea what she's talking about, you could actually see this. Why do you believe the wrong things Meg?" I don't believe the wrong things, my grandmother is always right. Then again, she did say that my cousin would be able to capture any guy and keep him there if she wanted to. Well, if Grandmother was wrong about that then what else was she wrong about?

I lied there dumbfounded.

"You, you really think so? I mean, can that be?" I let myself hope for a second, but then I went back to the same doubt. Stupid grandmothers.

"I don't think that's true," I resolved. I mean from an outside percpective it made sense, but on the inside I just felt like it couldn't be true. It couldn't be true because no one wanted me before. I mean, who would? I had baggage, I was emotionally unstable, and even if I was pretty -- which I am not -- I still had issues that made me undesirable. I was a complete spaz, a complete loser. A selfish brat. I just wasn't up to par with Aaron, he is sweet, funny, and kind to everyone. Not to mention good at kissing, which I can tell from experiencing it first hand. When I put everything together, it almost, kind of, made sense. He called me perfect, even though I am as imperfect as they come. He kissed me. And maybe, just maybe, he got jealous of the fact that I was talking to Nick. I don't understand why he would because Nick is practically my brother, and I find him as romantic as I find Mace, and I don't believe in incest. Gag. Anna usually had these types of discussions with me, but I just ignored her. I usually just shrugged it off, because he was dating Erin. Which was the other side of the argument. He dated my perfect, pretty, intellegent, sporty, talented cousin who out-shined me in many ways. How could he like me if I wasn't like that? Then again he dumped her, but because of me? Anna seemed serious about it this time, serious about the fact that I shouldn't break his heart. Probably because Connor, Aaron's best friend, told her to say that, which only meant that...