Chapter 3: Meet Doctor Obvious

White. All I saw was white. Looking up, looking down, more white.

Where was I? A guy in a light blue doctor suit walked in to the room wearing a grumpy frowny and a name tag that said Dr. Mavias. Odd name.

"Hello, Megan,"

"Meg," I corrected instinctively.

"Meg, I'm Doctor Mavias," he continued.

"I can see that," I motioning to the name tag. He glared at me.

"How do you pronounce your last name? The same way you say obvious right, so Im' going to call you Doctor Obvious"

"No," he said flatly.

"That's a shame, but it wasn't really a question," I heard a chuckle from the other side of the room. I looked over to the side to see Aaron standing there, but the motion hurt my head. I winced.

"Oh, hi Aaron," I said breathlessly.

"Son, do you mind keeping your girlfriend in check?"

"Uh, she's not my --"

"This is your dad?" I asked Aaron confused. Last time I checked his dad wasn't that fat or annoying sounding. Aaron just burst out laughing.

"I think you gave her too much anesthesia, she's not talking straight,"

"Yes, I AM!" I whined.

"Ignore her, Dr. Mavias, she's had a rough fall," Aaron said, his face getting ubruptly serious, "I'll go call her mom since she's up now,"

"You do that," he stated apatheticallly, "Okay, so Meg you've been asleep since Sunday, and it is now Tuesday, you will have to stay here one more day while we do some checks on that head of yours,"

"There is nothing wrong with my head," I stated defensively, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay, then, I'll go, buzz the button if you are in pain,"

"Bye, Doctor Obvious,"

"Mavias," he contradicted.

"Obvious," I smiled. He just sighed, and left the room.

Aaron came back in to the hospital room.

"Hey, cutie-pie," I chirped.

"Uh, hi Meg," he said fidgeting with his hands, "look I'm really sorry for causing the accident with you falling down the stairs,"

"Don't be silly, it was all me, but you can kiss my head to make it feel better," I pouted.

"Meg, what's up with you? You are acting really weird," Aaron commented.

"I just want a kiss, like yesterday's, what's wrong with that?" I asked wondering why he was acting weird. I mean my head is kind of blurry, but I'm still normal right?

"They really must have given you a lot of medication, a lot, I may or may not take you up on that offer when you are actually fully here, and not acting like a puerile, dimwitted clown of some..."

"No, no fancy words, they hurt my ears," I motioned covering my ears, "this place is so white, i am really hungry, do you like cheese?" I just randomly started spurting out comments that came to my head, and Aaron was just standing there freaking out about it. My mom and half-sister walk in to the room, and Aaron looks relieved.

"They gave her a heavy dose of anesthesia, she's acting all crazy,"

"No I am not, I'm just a little fuzzy that's all," I argue.

"Why is Meggie so weird Mommy?" France asks, or was it just Paris?

"Go away Lyon, I don't like you," I mutter.