Chapter 42

Maureen grunted as she pushed on the radio status. They were stuck in tar and the Chariot was sinking slowly. They were trying to get help but the antenna must have been damaged, which made the radio signals weak. Very weak.

"You sure it's back here?"

"Check under the HAB."

John was also with her and he advised that they should probable try and stay in the Chariot. Extra weight could tip it up and over.

John shuffled through the bags that were placed in the back of the Chariot and he grabbed a random red box.

"Please be in here," he muttered as he rushed to open the locks. "Yes!"

John grabbed the rope and placed it next to him. Then, he turned next to Maureen.

"Did you connect it yet?"

Maureen winced as she took off her leg brace and shook her head. John grunted and went back to finding more supplies. Maureen sighed in slight frustration as she jammed her hand onto the top of the wheel, making a giant HONKKKKK.

John stood in surprise and bumped his head in the ceiling. "Ouch."

Maureen giggled softly and gave him a sympathetic smile. "Sorry, I thought someone could hear us from here."

"Eh. Do you know what's wrong with the radio channels?"

"Well, we've got a problem with the antenna."

"Hmm, What?"

"It's out there," Maureen answered, pointing to the patch of grass right outside my He boiling hot goo. "On the shore."

~~~~~

Okay, there were several problems over here. Judy bit her lip hardly as she looked at Evan's unconscious figure.

There was a terrible accident only minutes before. When they were going across the field, the hook connected to the tank got loose somehow, which was causing the Chariot and the fuel to go slower and there was only 60 seconds before the geysers started to erupt again.

Evan insisted that he could re connect them, but he had to climb out when the Chariot was still moving. He did get out the Chariot and he connected to successfully, but the geysers erupted earlier.

It was a speedy moment and the tank ended up falling over, with Evan right under it. Everyone was pro with using the other Chariot to lift up the tank until Victor found a leak. There was a rock that stabbed through and the fuel was stuck in there unless the rock was moved.

30 minutes ago

"We'll lose all the fuel," Victor argued.

Don sighed and went to the other Chariot before Victor stopped him. "You can forget about the money if you do this."

Releasing a huge breath, Don nodded. "I know captain."

Present time

Don, Judy and Evan drove in silence. The only noises that were heard was the rumbling of the Chariot bumping against the rocks, and the heart monitor attached to Evan.

"Am I gonna be able to walk again," Evan asked Judy.

"We don't know that yet. At least not until we get you to specialized equipment."

Evan's eyes shifted from Judy to the ceiling. His neck was in a brace so he couldn't move much anyway.

"You know, I was actually a surfer, back on Earth. I was hoping that on Alpha Centauri I could be the same."

Judy glanced from the ice packs to Evan. "Maybe you can teach me."

Evan chuckled slightly, even though it brought him pain. "Yeah, yeah. Maybe."

Suddenly, Evan's eyes fluttered shut and his heart monitor started beeping frantically.

"Uhhh, doc. Is that supposed to happen," Don asked from upfront, trying to slow down so Judy could do her work.

"No, no! No, no, no, no! Evan wait, open your eyes," Judy yelled as she shuffled trough the different vials she brought.

They pain medication was gone, they used all of it when they were getting him out. "No," Judy groaned.

She shuffled through the bags and took out two heart jumper thingies and she started to turn them on.

"Clear," Judy muttered to herself.

Evan's body shook before they heart monitor stopped beeping frantically and just went on in one straight line. Evan was dead.

Judy's face fell and she leaned on the floor next to him and her eyebrows furrowed.

Don sighed and grabbed the radio, turning it on.

"Evan's dead."

There was a silence on the other side before Victor spoke. "We wasted all the fuel for nothing."

A/N: to be honest, I thought that Evan's death was really sad but Victor was kinda right.

~~~~~

Sorry, this is gonna have to be short. I'm making another chapter with 2,000 words for you guys. I just need to post this first because I lost my ranking from 13 in 'space' to 24. I was kinda disappointed, I worked hard for the making. I'm trying to get it back so please tell you friends on Wattpad about this book, especially if they like Will Robinson or Lost in Space. Thanks.

Tootles!