Chapter 65

Y/N woke up with a weary face. Her hair was messed up and Adler and Maureen were still talking. She looked to her side and Will was also up. He looked as if he woke a few minutes ago.

"Hey," Y/N whispered.

"Hello."

Will's arm was still wrapped around Y/N's waist so he took it and put it to his side, too sleepy to notice anything.

"Any idea to what it is," Alder asked Maureen.

"Well, we gathered that this isn't some kind of a flimsy art project. It has to have a purpose," Maureen answered.

Y/N glanced at Will who seemed to be equally confused as she was.

"You see the clips, at the surface. They look like they're some sort of language. Or alien writing," Adler pointed to his tablet.

"When we find him, we can ask him," Y/N said.

"Let's just hope we like the answer," Alder looked down at the black bag under his seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tye four of them jumped down as their feet touched the earth.

There was the sound of clinking metal as they took of their buckles and the parachutes flew away.

"So, if the Chariots are all quarantined, does that mean we're gonna walk across the desert," Will asked as he unbuckled his leg straps.

"Is that a problem," Adler looked up at Will.

Y/N's eyes went wide and she played with her jacket sleeve.

"Uh, no. I mean...No, it's fine," Will said surprised.

"Will...do I look like the kinda of guy that would drag my backside 60 miles on foot," Alder sarcastically said.

There was a soft neighing behind them and Y/N and Will both turned around to see four horses coming towards them.

A smile rigged upon Y/N's lips and she turned to Will who was already looking at her with a grin.

"Sent over from base camp," Adler whispered to Will as he patted his shoulder.

"Hello Mr. Adler," the man giving the the horses greeted.

"This ones yours," the man gave Y/N the reigns of a horse and Y/N's smile grew as she patted the snout. "Thank you."

"Just like at grandmas," Maureen told Will as she pet the horse.

"Yeah, except you never let me have my own horse 'cause I was too little," Will chuckled.

"Well, now you've not only got a horse, you've got a robot," Y/N leaned over to Will who laughed.

"Yeah, why don't you say we go find him," Alder added as he picked up a box.

"So you come all the way down here and you don't say hello," John's voice came from the radio.

"Oh, John! Judy told me what happened, are you okay? You're getting bandaged right now, right," Maureen asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I will be. I have a good doctor."

"Hey dad," Will said into the radio.

"Hey. Where you guys now? If you're gonna go get the robot, I want to be with ya."

"Uh, no," Judy's voice came. "You're not going anywhere except for the Resolute."

Y/N laughed and she attached her bag to the horse's saddle.

"Listen, were all right an we're not alone. Adler's here with us."

Adler perked up at his name and he walked over to them. "Hey John. It's Ben. Listen, I lived down here for a year. This place has nothing I haven't already seen. And trust me...I wouldn't bring your family down anywhere I wouldn't being my own."