Part 8 ~ A Coalition

The first sign of life that Molly had seen in his containment came in the form of a familiar half-elf who had a new companion with him. The woman accompanying him was a tall, wry elf with gorgeous pitch-black hair that fell down past her shoulders. Her dark eyes studied Molly through the bars with a conceded look to her.

"I don't suppose you're here to give me some entertainment down here. I've been terribly bored," Molly smiled. He sat with his back propped against the wall and he looked perfectly relaxed as he smirked up at his captors, his tail twitching a small bit as it thumped on the stone. It was so good to hear sounds again, to hear his own voice, and to see beyond his bars.

He now made out that his cell was one of many in some torch-lit hallway. The firelight blazed in the half-elf's eyes as he glared at Molly. With a clatter of keys, he unlocked the cell door and swung it open before the two of them walked in. Molly made no move to escape, though he was considering his options.

"Don't flatter yourself, Lucien," the woman answered cooly. "You can make this easy or painful."

"Oh, well I'm always up for playing rough," Molly smirked. The half-elf sneered and kicked his face, knocking the back of his head into the rock and making Molly hiss in pain as he held his now bleeding nose. He shifted to his feet and stood up, keeping a hand under his nose as he glared at the two of them.

The elf raised her hand and murmured a few arcane words, her eyes closing for a moment. There was a familiar feeling that flowed into Molly. He reminisced for a moment and thought he recalled this familiar sensation and how he had been subject to it before... Zone of Truth or at least something along those lines. 

He tried to resist it but the magic was strong and his empty mind was easy prey as there wasn't much truth he could share.

"There," the elf finished, turning to close the cell door behind them. "Ask him whatever you want and he will speak the truth."

The half-elf glared at Molly once more and threw another punch. This one, Molly avoided and he backed away from the blow.

"Where's the book, Lucien?" the half-elf demanded, fuming as he got into a fighting poise. Molly's mouth grew dry and he was compelled to speak the truth.

"I still don't know what that fuck you're talking about," Molly answered trying to get in a fighting position of his own. He felt exposed without the familiar swords on his belt which had been taken from him as soon as he had been captured.

The half-elf through another two punches. Molly took the first one to the face and managed to barely avoid the second.

"What that fuck do you mean you don't know?" The half-elf fumed, his attractive appearance giving way to cold fury in his eyes. "You found a way to come back from the dead and you just manage to forget it?"

"Apparently!" Molly yelled back, wiping the blood away from his nose.

"How much do you remember?" the elf demanded coldly from the back.

"Not much," Molly answered honestly. "I don't know who Lucien is and I don't have a fucking clue what this 'book' is you're looking for."

"This isn't getting us anywhere," the half-elf snarled, looking to the elf who stood off to the side of the cell.

"Then let me," she murmured, pulling two white gloves out of the pockets of her crisp outfit which was some dark suit with a high collar. She pulled the white gloves over her hands and strode up to Mollymauk who's felt as though this was something familiar... some magic he had seen before in those gloves.

He took a wary step back and prepared himself to resist whatever the hell was happening. His tail was twitching, showing his agitation. The elf's hand began to emit a gentle silvery aura and immediately, Molly made for the opening of the cell only to be grabbed by the half-elf who slammed him into the stone wall, knocking the wind out of him just long enough for the woman to lay her hands on Molly's head.