Part 4 ~ A Favor

Molly's heart was pounding in his head and he was cursing himself in every way possible for interfering. He had gotten himself into a shit load of trouble He didn't know if he could fight. Shit, what had the letter said, something about cutting himself? That seemed like that last thing he wanted to do in this circumstance.

The tattooed human lunged first, taking a large swing that when arcing through the sky, cutting down for Molly. The lavender tiefling's arms moved on their own accord and flung his simitars up, blocking the downward arc, he braced his legs for the impacts and when the metal clashed, Molly stood firm and deflected the blow before pushing the blade away and taking a swing with his scimitar. It ripped under the tattooed man's raised arm, slicing into his side and drawing forth a cascade of scarlet blood. The tattooed man stumbled away, holding his bleeding side while his female companion ran up and took another slash for Molly, one that the tiefling only barely avoided. He leaped away, light on his feet, and landed a few feet away, his scimitars glinting in the warm firelight of the street lamps.

The large man raised a hand and closed his eyes. The arcana around him fluctuated in magic before a blast of fire blasted from his hand and flew straight for Molly who had no time to dodge. The tiefling prepared himself for intense pain but instead found himself only slightly singed. When the smoke cleared and he was still standing, the group before him looked at him, fear in their eyes.

"Well would you look at that," Molly remarked with a dangerous glint in his red eyes. He was resistant to fire... good to know. Suddenly feeling confident, he took one of his blades and sliced it into his forearm, only a small slice to draw blood but a cut none the less and suddenly, ice materialized on his sword. 

His foes took a step backward at the sight of that and Molly snickered before twirling the iced blade a few times and raising an eyebrow.

"Well, this just got interesting," he commented with a smirk, running his other sword down his other arm. The familiar sensation in his body let him know what to do and that sword too crystallized with ice.

The trio, over their initial shock, surged forward. The woman swung for him but her blade was easily deflected by Molly's own scimitar. The tattooed man did the same but Molly wasn't able to move fast enough to deflect that one so he grimaced as the blade sliced into his shoulder.

He looked up, right the large man in the back was preparing another attack, and Molly let out a snarl. Something familiar stirred in his heart, and with a flicker of energy, he glared at the mage who's eyes suddenly went dark as blood trickled out of the corner so his eyes. The mage blindly fired off another fire attack, one that Molly as able to jump out of the way of. The tiefling emerged unscathed from the smoke and landed an attack on the woman, slashing her across her stomach with both his swords before backing away a few feet.

The boys he had saved were stumbling away, trying to put as much distance as they could between themselves and the fight. On the way, they stumbled and tripped over one another, pulling the large mage's attention to the horse thieves, the blood in his eyes receding. Molly wasn't about to let those boys get caught up in this so he pointed at the mage and allowed his anger to burst from his mouth.

"This is where you'll die, you disgusting hog," Molly's tongue formed words that he wasn't aware he knew in a language he understood but didn't know he knew. The mage looked to him and froze in a small bit of terror, stumbling back in fear from the tiefling who had just blinded him with no issue and now spoke in a language that sounded straight from the pits of hell.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As the two boys made their escape, they nearly crashed into a bartender who was taking the trash out to the street. He saw the boys run by and looked beyond them to see the fight ensuring. His eyes widened as he saw a familiar purple figure dancing in the fight, his two scimitars gleaming as firelight from spells flickered around him.