Part 5 ~ A Glimpse

Mollymauk practically leaped up to the bar the next morning and leaned on it, trying to catch the attention of the bustling bartender who was busy serving breakfast to the many other occupants of the establishment.

It only took a moment for Jeremy to come rushing over, small bags under his eyes. He had already spilled something on his clothes and from the various discolorations, Molly supposed Jeremy was the clumsy type.

"Ah, I see you're awake," Jeremy smiled warmly, genuinely happy to see the tiefling who was still disguised under a hood.

"And I see you're busy so I'll make this quick," Molly smiled, leaning across the bar, his red eyes sparkling with mischief.

"What can I do for you?" Jeremy asked curiously.

"Do you have any idea, any idea at all where those three assholes last night keep their horses?" Molly asked, a wry grin on his lips.

Jeremy nodded in understanding and even snickered a bit. "Last I heard, they were holed up in the Fire Spit, another inn just down the street that's a bit more expensive in its taste."

"Sounds exactly like something I should go mess with," Molly grinned.

"You be careful," Jeremy told him. "You want some breakfast first?"

"No, too jumpy for food right now," Molly denied with a smile. "But I do have to thank you for all the help you've given me, you're a very good man and I do hope our paths cross again someday."

With a flick of his tail under his black hooded cloak and a small wink, Molly turned on his heel and strode into the open-air leaving Jeremy to smile after him. He looked at where Molly had sat and let out a small sigh when he saw the gold piece the tiefling had left on the bar counter.

Jeremy plucked the gold piece off the counter and sighed. "Now I owe you more money," he sighed to himself.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Molly found the Fire Spit easily enough and avoided the crownsguards with little concern. He strode into the inn and placed himself at the bar.

"Ah, what can I get for you?" the woman behind the bar asked as she handed another customer a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Just alcohol please, strongest you have," Molly grinned, "Surprise me." The woman took a long look at his face and nodded slowly.

"Absolutely, give me a moment," the woman said at last before turning to fill a cup with some alcohol. She kept his eyes on him as she slid the full cup towards him. She then made sure no one else was looking and leaned over the bar towards him.

"You're the tiefling that fucked up those three clowns last night?" she inquired.

Molly raised his eyebrows and gave her a smirk, "I take it you're not a fan of those three either?"

"Hell no. They're absolute assholes. I only let them stay here because they pay," she sneered. Her gaze shifted over the others in the inn but she saw no one paying any attention to her or the hodded figure.

"Yeah, caught them roughing up a few young thieves acting a bit harsher then they should've," Molly admitted, catching the drift that these three weren't the most well-loved or likable characters and were likely the best kind of people he could've gotten into some trouble with. He looked at the cup full of alcohol and took a few sips. It was better mead then what had been served at Jeremy's inn, a deep tasting rich mead that brought a smile to the tiefling's face.

"Aye, heard about it. You saved Maximus and Sendaun," the woman nodded.

"Those the two boys?" Molly asked.