chapter 38

"We're here!" Headmistress announces, waking us all up.

"Yipee!" I announce sarcastically.

I feel someone smack my thigh in a reprimand. I turn my head to see Tyler looking at me with a frown. His eyes darken and he shakes his head.

I glare at him then get out of the car. I stand up and check to see if I still have my staff and few weapons. I do, thank god. I feel the others get out and stand beside me. One of them gasps, I have no clue who but it amuses me. We are standing in front of a building that some would call professional. It is a tall building that looks like an insurance building. Tall, windows everywhere, and gray. Not regular dull gray. No shiny gray.

"Well, at least they have style. I can give them that."  Jack says from my left. I turn to look at him an see his mouth open in shock.

"Are you the one who gasped? You know, like a girl?" I give him a smirk.

He turns towards me and growls. "No! I did not gasp like a girl. Because, I didn't gasp like you." He walks away.

I feel my jaw drop in shock. Oh no he didn't!

"Jack Adams Richardson! Be nice!" Nathan scolds. I turn to look at him and he brushes right past us and up the steps.

"Has anything ever good happened when we walked into a buisness office? Or just businesses overall?" I ask Jack.

"No, nothing good ever happens but lets hope that this time is different! I really wanna go home and try that new video game you got. And see your face when I beat you at it." He says with a grin.

"Beat me with a video game? Boy, you must be thinking of a diffrent friend. I show no remorse when it comes to video games. Unless you are talking about Nate. Then you have a possiblity of winning." I say with a laugh and head up the steps behind the rest of the class.

"Hey! Just remeber who kicked your ass in Call Of Duty." Nate replys over his shoulder.

"Ah, yes. But who got their ass handed to them when it came to the other games. Should I mention....hmm..." I tap my fingers on my chin in concentration." Ah! In lets just say all racing games. Not to mention those weird indi-" I get cut off by a hand over my mouth. I look up and see and frowning Nathan.

"I get it, okay? You're better in racing games than me." He says irritated.

"So does that mean she likes it fast?" A really good looking student say, then winks at me. I tun bright red. I hear Tyler growl from behind me. He wraps an arm around my waist in a way that says that I belong to him and no one should mess wth me. The guy scoffs and walks into the building. We follow behind and see that everyone was waiting for us.

"Sorry to be late. Had some issues to take care of." Jack says with a wink. I feel the color drain from my face.

"Jack! Keep it clean!" I yell at him.

He bows his head in an understanding but laughs the whole time. He is in so much trouble when we get home. He looks up and gives me a wink which makes me respond in a very unlady-like way. And me being me, I flip him the bird and walk past him and towards the front of student. I saw his jaw drop in shock. He seems to gasp like a fish out of water.

"I thought you don't gasp?" I say over my shoulder. He growls at me in reponse and Tyler growls back at him. I sigh and turn my attention towards the front. Time to play innocent and weak. They always pick on the weak more than the strong. Lets see them react to my change from weak to strong.

Everyone's eyes are on us. My face pales even more and fidget nervously. "S-sorry. Didn't mean to take up your time."

"It is alright sweetheart. Who are you?" A lady in the front asks in a southern drawl.

Fake name! But which one? "Ummmm...." I make my eyes widen in shock and nervousness.

"It's Elsa isn't it?" One of the guys asks retorically. He snickers like the rest of the guys.

"Acutally, it's Chloe. Right, Chole?" Viktor says then looks at me expectantly.

"Y-Yes. My name is Chloe. S-sorry, I get nervous around people. I-It is a stage fright thing that I'm trying to get over. P-Please understand." I stutter and act like I'm an innocent and seriously stage - frightened girl.

"Oh! It's perfectly fine sweetheart. I won't bug you anymore. But maybe one of your friends can help you overcome your fright." She gives me a wink and chuckles slightly at my pink face.

I hear Tyler chuckle from behind me. "Oh, don't worry ma'am. We got this issue handled."

I blush an even deeper pink. Oh my sweet goodness! Is he flirting with me in front of everybody?

"Don't worry sweetie, us boys got you handled. And quite well too." He gives me a mischevious grin and winks. My face is probably as red as a tomato. Jack walks up beside me and does the same.

I let out a groan. And regret it immediately.

"Not yet! Wait for just the right time." Tyler says wrapping his arms around me. My eyes widen and I bolt across the room and stand beside the other students who are listening into our conversation. They chuckle. Nathan walks up to me.

"Don't worry sis, I can handle these two boys for ya. What you really need is a man. And a good one too." He gives me an innocent smile but I know he is talking about Tyler. I want him to understand that I am not leaving Tyler. I've come to care for him more than I dare to admit. Call me a chicken or baby but trust me. With my life everyone I love gets hurt not matter how hard I try to not get them hurt.

I shake my head and everyone looks towards the front and waits for the people to talk. I reach up to my ear and feel my comms unit in it. I turn it on and look over to Jack. He turns it on and starts to talk to Tyler quietly. Most likely to tell him how to turn the comms on. I feel Nate's arm round my shoulder tighten and I look to him. He gives me a goofy grin and touches his ear.

"'Sup, chica?" He says into the comms.

"Hey! I am not a girl!" We hear Jack respond over the unit. I hold back a laugh.

"CHLOE! CARTER!" Headmistress yells at me and then  Tyler. We look over to her and she looks at us expectantly. She motions towards our guardian for the next couple days. The mafia queen. Ha ha. We nod sheepishly and rush over to the lady.

"Hello, my name is Amelia Mastom but you may call me Amelia." She offers us a hand to shake. Tyler shakes her hand an explains my shyness and it might take a while for me to lighten up. I give her a shy but friendly smile and grab Tyler's arm. He looks over to me, probaly to see if he was correct. I nod and see Amelia looking at us and smiling.

Amelia has long brown hair and bright blue eyes. She has a perfect tan and is tall. Like 5 foot 11 tall. Taller than my 5 foot 7.

"Follow me. I got a ride for us.We are going to hang out at my house and you both can see what it is like to be me!" She exclaims excited.

"She worries me now like this than if she was going to try and kill us. I don't understand girls." I mind message Tyler.

"I agree with you, babe. I don't understand girls one bit. How I get you makes no sense to me. Maybe I'm just a lucky wolf." Tyler messages back to me.

"I don't think that is correct. No body understands me. Not even me, so how can you understand me?"

"Alright, youngins! Time to hit the road. My place is a few hours away from here. But don't worry, my partner is coming along and bringing a two students also. I hope you get along with them." Amelia says then hops in the Hummer. Tyler and I exchange a look and hop in behind her.

This is going to be so much fun.