27

Myung came up to me and leaned against the small table, watching me as I filled up a glass of water. "I just spoke to Ye-jun," he commented, waiting for me to look at him to continue. "He said it would better if you all stay here a few more days just to make sure."

I took a sip of my water and nodded. "I was actually going to ask the same thing. Especially since we just got the girls back, it's better to let any fire die out before we go back out."

He reached over me to the shelf and grabbed what looked like a snack. "How many days can you stay? You must have a lot to take care of back in your home."

"Yeah," I half laughed. "A lot. Uh, we can stay maybe two to three more days. Is there enough resources in here to last that long?"

Myung nodded. "Oh yeah. We have enough to last maybe two years for twenty people. We'll be fine here. How's your girl?"

I raised an eyebrow. "You trying to befriend me now?"

He shrugged, "the boss said you and your people are not a threat."

I laughed, "you're such a lapdog."

He rolled his eyes.

"She's... coping." I didn't really have any other thing to say. Right after she said her hello's to Gabriel and Ash, Vee knocked out on a bed. She's been asleep for about five hours. 

Myung looked back and huffed. "Miss Aera won't leave her father's side. He's told her to sleep a bunch of times, but she doesn't listen."

"Have you told her about Jung-hee?"

He shook his head. "No. Boss said he wanted to wait until she's a little more... calm. She won't take it well."

"I can imagine. That was her uncle."

"You know," Myung turned around and looked at me. "I've known that girl since she was just nine years old. She loved her uncle as much as her father. I told him we should just tell her now, but he says to wait."

I sighed. "Doesn't matter if you tell her now or later, it'll hurt just as bad."

"Yeah." He met his eyes with mine and it seemed we both simultaneously snapped out of the strange connection we just shared. He cleared his throat and looked away. "I'll go... check on the other girls. Make sure they're doing all right."

I smiled, "you do that."

He did a small bow of his head before walking away awkwardly. I stopped myself from laughing. Walking back to the back of the room, I sat next to Nicolas on the couch. He seemed to be zoned out. "Hey," I nudged him with my elbow. 

"Hey," he muttered, but didn't look at me. I set my water on the floor and tried to see where he was looking. It was to Aera. Ye-jun had gotten up and she was sitting alone, staring at the floor.

"You should go talk to her," I told him. Since she came back I had noticed his eyes roaming to her often. Whenever Vee spoke to me, he would focus on Aera. Since we got to the bunker, he's been following her every movement. It was obvious he was dying to speak to her, the worry in his face was blatant.

That made him finally look at me. He raised an eyebrow at me, frowning right after. His hand went to mine and he gripped it with a possessive force that I didn't like. "What do you mean?"

I twisted my hand away from his making his frown deepen. "You look worried about her, Nick. You should go and talk to her. I know you're dying to."

He looked into my eyes, searching. He looked away to stare down at our separated hands. "I'm not sure if you're serious," he said under his breath.

I frowned, confused at his words. It clicked after a second. "You think I'm testing you? Oh, come on, Nicolas. What sort of child do you think I am?"