Chapter 6

Acceptance? Or Denial?

A powerful gust came in the room. I panicked.

“James! Help me!” I shouted.

“He can’t hear you. Right now you are in trance. This is the only way you can contact us.” Thedus said.

“Us? So there are others?” I asked.

“Yes, we are Kings who once ruled this land.” Thedus said.

“I heard of you guys. You are those kings Caleb was speaking of that night with you guys, right?” I asked.

He froze for a minute. And he kept silent for a while.

“How do you know of that conversation” he asked.

“I was there, inside Caleb’s body…” He ran towards me and grabbed my throat.

“Liar! You can only be inside me, you and I are the only ones who can be connected, that’s the contract I signed with the jar! And you’re telling me that you are someone else’s vessel? What lie are these, who are you really?” He kept shouting at me.

I started struggling but no one would noticed what was happening.

They were just waiting for me to wake up from this dream.

“Alright I’ve had it!” Nanichi shouted.

“What’s wrong?” James asked.

“He hasn’t woken up yet, and it has passed 6 hours already! This is not normal!” Nanichi shouted at James.

“Hey hold it, the kid needs more time. Don’t forget he’s special.” Max spoke.

“Now you decide to talk! And I still don’t understand why he is special! I mean, what does he possesses that it’s so important?” Nanichi asked.

“It’s not what does he possesses that makes him special, but what is HE?” Max said calmly.

“What is HE? What do you mean?” Nanichi asked.

“You aren’t very bright aren’t you?” James said.

“What did you just say?” Nanichi shouted.

After Max saying those words I started thinking. What am I? Am I a thing? Am I even real? I could see in Thedus eyes that he was thinking the same. I could see confusion.

“What are they talking about? Are you holding some secret from me?” Thedus kept yelling.

So I started thinking. He isn’t some smart ghost or anything, he was as confused as I was. But how am I going to answer to someone who isn’t certain if what I say it’s true? It’s a dumb idea but maybe it could work. How about if lied of who I am?

“Why are you so quiet?!” Thedus got angry and let go of me.

Then he spawn a sword in his right arm, and looked at me with a murder intent.

“Wait! Wait! There is something I’ve been hiding! It’s true!” I got scared and started talking without thinking.

“Alright then tell me” Thedus rushed at me and placed his sword in my throat.

“I am an experiment this era’s government had created to place all you kings inside one man. That way they could use me to rule the lands, as you guys once did.

“Impossible! The only way u could do that is if the jar were here and it was destroyed a long time ago by my brother at my pops house.” Thedus said.

Then I remember someone talking about a jar. And it hit me! While I was in that building I kept getting “special operations”. They kept inserting things into me. I asked one day, and one of the doctors told me that they were injecting “The jar fragments” into my body so that I could be a candidate to hold the kings in me.

“That’s not entirely true!” I shouted. The jar fragments were salvage and kept! And recently those fragments were inserted inside my body! If you don’t believe me lift my shirt and see the scars for yourself!” I told Thedus.

“Preposterous!” He ripped my shirt off with his sword.

“Who cut John’s shirt open?” James asked.

“What?” Max got surprise. “This is not good, let’s wake him up.”

“What?! But you were the one who told us to not wake him up?” Nanichi said.

“I changed my mind, let’s wake him up.” Max said.

When they got near my body an invisible force pushed them aside.

“What was that?” James asked.

“This is worse than I thought…” Max said.

“What do you mean?” Nanichi asked.

“Let’s just wait… At this point either he wakes up… or die.” Max said.

“What?! He can’t die. Not this easily!” Nanichi got mad.

“Well let’s just hope that lad’s strong.” James said and walked off the room with a composed attitude, once he left he punched the wall. “Kid… you better pull through… I haven’t seen her care so much for someone in a while… you better not screw with her.” He look at the dent he left in the wall and punched it again leaving a hole in the wall.

“Huh… I thought those feelings were gone long ago… John you bastard.” He said to himself and kept walking.

“John!” Thedus screamed at my face. “If what you are saying is true… maybe… just maybe, you are the one I need.”

“What do you mean” I was surprised.

He pulled me up and sheathed his sword.

“You are the one we need to face Salazar, John.” Thedus said to me while kneeling.

“I don’t understand. Explain.” I asked surprise.

“Salazar became stronger than use once he discovered alchemy and black magic, and once we drank from that jar, he got possession of our souls and powers. When brother broke that jar he freed us from that curse, but still he is far more powerful than us.” Thedus said. “So with this I pledge allegiance to thee, Sir John carrier of the jar.”

“What? I don’t understand?” I asked.

“If you really possess this jar inside you when I say this and you accept my memories will be yours along with my training and power. So, accept.” Thedus said.

“I accept you Thedus as my strength!” I shouted with authority.

Suddenly, the wind got stronger and my chest started glowing. It’s happening just like that day when Caleb dropped the jar and the souls connected.

“Yes, you truly are the protector of the jar. I made the right decision for once.” Thedus said as he got sucked inside me.

I felt a big chill, and a burning fire inside my heart, the heat and cold started mixing until I felt nothing. I became numb. While I was numb I started descending really fast and when I was about to hit the ground…

“Ah!” I jumped in bed and woke up.

It was dark, Max had left, and I didn’t see James nor Nanichi. My body felt heavy. I was hungry and thirsty, I felt horrible.

Well ok that was a terrifying experience, I hope I don’t get to experience that again. I’m so thirsty let me get some water. – I thought to myself.

When I tried to get up something wasn’t letting me. I took off the bed sheet… What?!