Chapter 5

Roommate

They never gave me a proper answer…

There I was lying on my room. I guess everyone in this place were descendants just like me, but each one of them were granted different gifts, yeah that’s one way to call it. After I left the doc’s office Mike called me, I got assigned into some kind of task force. They told me that they are preparing for something big, and that we are going to go against something big, and they needed all the help they could get. They told me to wait in my room while they finish up some paperwork and I get officially enlisted in the group. So I went to my room and here I am just staring at the ceiling.

“Knock, Knock, Knock”

“Hey open up, I have something for you.” Mike said.

“I’m coming!” I said.

I walked to the door and opened it.

“What you got for me?” I asked him.

“Well boy call it Christmas because it’s we’re going to let it snow bullets!” he said laughing.

He dropped a heavy bag on the floor.

“Poof” dust flew everywhere.

“Man (cough, cough), you need to clean this room up, I can’t stand to sleep in a dusty room.” He said while going to the closet. He opened the closet and looked for a broom.

“What do you mean sleeping in a dusty room, you aren’t planning staying in my room, and I only have one bed.” I said.

“Well yes! I mean that’s what a bodyguard does, now let me warn you, I kick while I sleep so don’t get too close.” He said smirking.

“What the heck man! Get out of my room, I’m not going to sleep with some random guy I barely know, get out!” I shouted.

“Hey real it was a joke, I’m not sleeping with you, I just came to prepare the room” he said.

“Good, you gave me a pretty big scared right there…” I said.

“But I am” Nanichi said.

What!? What!? Is she for serious? I’m going to sleep with a girl?

“Oh yeah, I’m almost done, let me just set up the bed right here.” Mike told her.

So it is for real! Why? Why me? Why do I have to share my room with a girl, I mean… it’s every guy’s dream but she’s a master assassin, she might kill me if I try something… what am I saying, why would I try something! I mean I’m a guy, but then again, she’s a master assassin.

“Hey! Stop daydreaming and answer me.” Nanichi was talking to me.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that…” I said.

“Never mind your thoughts, just tell me, do you have something against me sleeping here?” She asked.

Oh wow, I don’t know what to say… I, I, I, I, I had never socialize with girls before, maybe this’ll be a great opportunity to bond with one. Now I just sound perverted, what am I thinking…

“So… Do you?” she asked.

“Ohm… no, not at all” I said.

“Hoorah!” someone said.

Suddenly a new guy enter celebrating something. He was much hyped, almost crying in joy.

“Happy day, oh happy day!” he kept ranting.

“Oh stop it!” Nanichi said, and smacked him in the head.

“What is happening” I asked.

“(hard laughter) you don’t know what you got yourself into boy” Mike said.