chapter 1: one with the enviroment

I clench my bow, nervous of my first hunt alone. I must bring a moose for the tribe, for I have been chosen for the meal tonight. I start four hours before I am required to bring the animal, so I may take in the smells and sights of the undiscovered land. The clan leader Kikatowa has taken me under his wing, teaching me skills early, because he feels I am more advanced than the other boys. He has already taught me how to cook, and today is the day I finish my training, where I kill the animal.

I climb to the top of the mountain, carefully watching with something I have seemed to inherit, which the others are calling "igala DRA I" or eagle vision. I make it to the top of the mountain where there is a cliff, peering off into the carribean sea. I take a minute to sit, and become one with the environment, also a skill from kikatowa.

After 23 minutes of blending, I finally sense a group of moose in a stamped running away from wolves. Our tribe is friendly with the animals{wolves}, and they generally cause no harm our people. I have to act quickly, so I glide through the trees to take me to a lower level of ground. I make it to a vantage point. I made the descent with only one bruise, from where I missed the branch, but I luckily recovered. I ready my bow, taking out a moose for the wolves with one lucky shot to the neck, paralyzing it. Its time for my kill now. I run parallel on the trees for a while, but the moose had started to scatter, so I had only one thing go do, and that was shoot while I am running. I aim for the stomach of the animal and I miss. I hurriedly grab another arrow out of my deer skin quiver and manage to hit the animal right on its right shoulderblade.

I find a nearby cave and take the animal there to hold it for the rest of the tribe. Once I make it inside, it stinks of dead animal so I make my way out of the cave. While I am out I take a break from exhaustion and lay on the ground. I notice my head on a solid peice of rock and turn to move it. Only to find out there was only dirt. Strange, I think to myself. I knock on the ground and sounds of hollow wood are only heard. I dig with my hand to find a small box. Using one if my arrowheads, I manage to pry the box open, only to find a box with a map with a strange, triangular symbol in the top right corner.