Chapter 9 - The match

A/N- Hello, everyone! First of all, I'm dying because of your nice, funny and supportive comments! I love you all! Second of all, this story is nearing the end. Do you have any suggestions for my next story? It could be any pairing you'd like, maybe even another KageHina or a character x reader. Maybe it could even be from a different anime. Sorry, this is long. Enjoy!

Kageyama: That's it. I'm ending all of this right here and now! I don't care what you do!
Kento: This is stupid.
Kageyama: You're stupid! You just ruined everything!
Kento: Oh please~ It was already ruined.
Kageyama: Fuck you! You suck at volleyball and you can't even make up for it with trying! You only joined to fuck with my life! This is why you're benched!

   With that, he left to go back to his teammates.

Kento: Did he really just say that to me? 

    Kento stood there for a second in shock and then fallowed Kageyama from a distance. Kageyama noticed, but didn't care. "He could jump off a bridge for all I care." he thought.

    Hinata was trying to take off his mind from Kageyama by watching Kenma play his video games, but it didn't work.

Kenma: Shōyo? Do you want to try?
Hinata: Really? You'd let me?
Kenma: Just this once. You seem troubled, so maybe this could help.

Fukunaga: Shouldn't we be warming up? The match is about to start.
Kenma: Shōyo needs to relax a bit...
Hinata: No, Naga-san is probably right... Besides, I feel fired up! I'm ready to destroy Kageya– Karasuno!

   Kenma and Fukunaga looked at each other then looked back at Hinata, who let out a nervous laugh. 

Kenma: If you say so, Shōyo.

   Not long after, the a loud voice on the speakers announced that the players should start getting ready and come into the tournament area. Lev put his hand on Hinata's shoulder.

Lev: We can do this, guys!

   Kenma nodded his head firmly and began Kuroo's speech. He used to hate it, but saying it reminded him of Kuroo. He felt as if Kuroo was still here with them. That's what everyone else thought too. 

Kenma: Let's make Kuroo, Kai and Yaku proud. They took time out of their days to come watch us. We must not disappoint them. 

   Everyone cheered in unison. 

   Both teams walked up to the net. Hinata breathed in an out slowly, desperately trying not to make eye contact with Kageyama. Kageyama on the other hand watched Hinata closely, probably not even blinking. He was in disbelief. He finally got to see Shōyo and he was worried for him. Yamaguchi noticed Hinata feeling a little stressed, so he tapped his foot a little to get his attention, when Hinata looked up at him, Yamaguchi gave him a warm smile. That made Hinata less worried. He looked around and saw all of his previous teammates right there in front of him. He felt refreshed and thought this would actually be really fun. He gave everyone a quick wave that earned a few smiles. Nishinoya and Tanaka smirked a little at Yamamoto. This is going to be a friendly match.   

   Next, Hinata looked at the huge crowd. He spotted Kuroo, Kai and Yaku by the Nekoma supporters, then saw Daichi, Suga and Asahi by the Karasuno matches. They all waved and cheered when they saw Hinata peeking at them. Hinata waved back.

Tanaka: Don't think we'll go easy on you, Shōyo!

   Hinata laughed a little.

Hinata: Same goes for you!