Chapter 9.

(Jace’s Point of View)

     I hate waking up this early and going to school. No the fact is I hate school except basketball which of course is my life but after the last match I still have a week to prepare.

The morning sun still a smoldering summer ember but starting to fail, to slant a little more heavily. The shadows of leaves flickering like pixels on the sidewalks. All the voices are relaxed, happy to shake off the terrible freedom of summer and slip back into comfortable straitjackets, schedules and routines.

Everything had a golden powdercoat, the autumn decay setting in slowly, breaking the world into molecules of sun and dust.

I wad through suntanned bodies, the ocean mist of gel and perfume. Everyone’s face is jammed against a phone, getting in their last few precious minutes of airtime before they severe all contact with the outside world. I toss mine casually into my locker. Tim has texted me: Lunch 4th period? And I said, See you there.

I can still feel sleep peeking behind my eyelids but I know I can’t fall asleep or Mrs. Hall will again give me detention and hold me back from basketball practice.

Modern High is everything that happens on reality television. The girls are twice as pretty as the average teenage girl, the boys can pass for college students, and so called geeks get tossed into garbage cans or shoved into lockers, several female teachers make glaringly obvious passes at male students.

9:00-10:05, Calculus. Save the worst for first, as Mom says. I try to be alert and solve few sums but the burning in my eyes reminds me of my last night activity. I feel a light tingling sensation in my pants. Uff I am always so horny.So I quickly pull out my phone and text the person who is currenlty distracting me in my class.

 Hey miss u. I hate school. Wat r u doing?

I put my phone under my desk and look at Mrs. Hall to lazily scribble in my note book. It's hard to concentrate on calculus when all you can see is y=secs. The screen of my phone blinks let me know of an incoming message. I quickly swipe open the lock and click the inbox icon.

I my lips turns up and my stomach does the similar  involuntary fluttery action—Miss u 2. Strumming my guitar I have a new tune.

Awesome play it when I am home.

My phone blinks again—Sure. Study now and text me later.

I roll my eyes and quickly type back—School’s not for me but you are so I am more intrested in studying you--when I come back. LOVE YOU.

I put my phone in my pocket knowing very well not to expect for a reply. He never replies to my love you(s). In the beginning I used to feel bad and hurt sometimes but nw I got into terms with it. I know he doesn't love me and I respect that he has aways been forward about that rather giving me false hope. But oneday he will and I just can't wait for that day.

10:10-11:10, World History. This involves numbers, too, but not enough. My mind wanders. Here’s a history of the world: Boy meets man. Man fucks boy. Boy falls in love with the man. Boy builds civilization to make the man fall in love with him. How romantic is that. Umm that makes me think what kind of castle should I make, and do I've that much of money or should I bore from my billionaire daddy. 

11:15-12:15, English Literature—Okay I spend the class drooling over my desk. So I don't know what happened in the class. 

The bell rings making me almost jump out of my skin. I rub my eyes with the back of my palm and look around. Students are already running out of the class like the school has caught fire or something, I glance to my left towards Tim. and find him busy talking to some brunette chick—wait! isn't Trina Tim's dream girl.