Chapter 4

(Remy’s Point of View)

“What’s the score?” Kyle asks as he plops down beside me on the loveseat to watch Harry and Joe go at it on the Xbox.

He hands me a beer and I twist the cap off. “Joe is whooping his ass as usual.”

“I heard that, fucker,” Joe snaps but never takes his eyes off the screen on the wall in front of him. “I’m about to murder this chump.”

Harry’s blonde hair is cut short, while his twin brother, Joe our other guitarist, keeps most of his black hair concealed under a black bandanna. Thank God those two tried hard to create separate identities or I would’ve never been able to tell them apart based on looks alone. More than anything in the world, they hate when people confuse them.

Harry laughs at his brother’s last remark. “You can’t whip yourself out of a wet

paper bag, let alone murder me.”

I take a swig of my beer while those two pounds at the buttons on their controllers.

Kyle clears his throat next to me. “So things are good with you and Jace?”

I nod. I am pretty sure he already knows the answer to that. Jace’d screamed his brains out in my room during both of our sexual escapades last night “Yeah, things are great.”

I adjust my ass in the seat. Hiding thing from friends isn’t easy and from you best friends are even harder when there are with you 24x7.There is a crazy awkward struggle between Kyle and me for the past few months, after he saw new half naked getting out of Brady’s room and another day Brady’s shirt in my room.  Whenever we are talking he will all being by asking about Jace and my relationship. Though we are childhood best friends they all know I’m a bit private person and I don’t like discussing my sexual conquest—again Jace is a different case, he was never my sexual conquest—but having Brady in my life is necessary because he makes me feel needed.

Being with Brady during our tour is my decision and hiding it from Jace and my friends is also my decision. They drama and have seen the mind-fuck I’ve been experienced with a partner at my teenage years. They were apprehensive at first about me and Jace getting serious because after all, my boyfriend is none other than Jace Sloane the eighteen year old womaniser. He is as popular as Justin Bieber and seeing around with him means getting media attention. My managers and producers don’t want me to come out as gay ‘cause a hard-rock front man can’t be gay.

Harry and Joe tried like hell to talk me out but eventually gave up when they figured out just how desperate I was getting. I know one lie can be the demise of what we have built together—this band. The Blackstone mean everything to us and one stupid move can bring the whole band down but I’ve faith in Brady—he could be a needy fuck but he does his job well and knows how to keep our private life secret. There have been speculation and rumours but they don’t have any solid proof.

“How is Lane?” I ask, taking a long drag of a cigarette.

He shrugs his bare inked shoulder. “She is doing good, better the first and second trimester.”He squints down at the beer bottle then with a swift flick of his wrist, he downs the remaining drink. “Ahhgg! Normal woman are hard to handle but a pregnant and moody woman is dangerous.” He gives me a look of horror, setting the bottle down onto the coffee table.

I tip my head back and laugh. In the beginning Kyle was not ready to be a father and of course this caused a tiff between him and his wife Lane but after her first sonography things changed for better. Kyle realized that it was his bad childhood that discouraged him to have his own.